MIOS Binding Thermostat

I am in 100% agreement with @watou on things and channels and would be willing to assist if not lead that effort, my only problem at this point is I haven’t looked at the code of the current binding and if we wanted to make something that was backwards compatible I would probably not be the best person to lead this project. However, if we were making a OH2 specific binding for MIOS that isn’t backwards compatible I would love to take a stab at the discovery part of it. One thing in question is that I believe the use of HTTP Long-Polling is required now for the OH1 binding, is that still an option for the OH2 framework and is there plans of removing that functionality from OH2? I thought I had read somewhere that it isn’t recommended and maybe hinted that it would be going away.

Nope. I have a list of things I’d need to do write before I use openHAB 2.0, and time is very tight these days to do that. Instead, my focus is on data collection/analysis - and far less on which engine(s) are running the system.

If you want to write a Vera Binding for OH 2.0, absolutely you should go for it.

It’ll likely be structured differently, since it would need to merge the info (ServiceID’s, Types) from the Item Generator and the parts of the connectivity from the MiOS 1.x Binding itself. The latter will have some components that could be reused, but I’d imagine it’d mostly be a rewrite.

LP is the MiOS communication method, and also for a number of other devices, so I doubt that’s going away anytime soon. I wouldn’t worry about that.