Missing: A binding for Discovergy Smart Meters! :-)

Little update: Token refresh is now working aswell, unfortunately I didn’t get any clarification on the license yet so this is kinda on hold at the moment. Also there are some special cases that require some minor adaptations but other than that this binding is working absolutely great for me.

Happy New Year to everybody!!! :slight_smile:

#push :wink: - Did anybody manage to develop a working openHAB-integration of Discovergy Smart Meters?

Yes, as I mentioned earlier I developed a working binding. I’ve been using it for quite some time now and its stable, at least for power meters.

Which smartmeters (or interfaces) does it support?
The wm-bus binding mentioned earlier in this thread does not work with a IMST USB dongle.

It supports whatever electricity meters discovergy decides to use. There are a few different types as far as I know, I don’t know which ones though.

Okay…

Hi Flole,
do you offer a download for your binding?
I would really like to use it.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

I still can’t publish it as the license of the examples and their libraries still hasn’t been clarified by discovergy. Feel free to contact them and ask for clarification (I didn’t get an answer when I did that), once that is done I might be able to release it (depending on their license).

Kind regards

Flole

Hallo Flole,

I just wrote an e-Mail to Discovergy to get clarity concerning the legal issues. I pointed to this thread and asked for a reply.

Regards,
Holger

Hi @Holger_Richter,

I assume you never got a response?

Kind regards

Flole

Hi Flole,

I asked “discovergy” 3 times and they told me my request would still be processed. But I will not give up.

Regards,
Holger

I asked them in the official forum again a few days ago. Unfortunately I lost the source code of my binding. While I still have the sources.jar it all needs to be put together so it builds again. So even if they clarify the license there will only be a jar-file based addon and a bunch of source files, I won’t go through the “putting everything back together”, especially since this is not in a state that would have a chance of getting it merged as the guidelines have changed.

… and just a few hours after my post they clarified the license in the Forum and are also considering adding a license file. I’ll publish my binding as a jar file tomorrow, I think this clarification is sufficient to not get sued :wink:

I have uploaded the binding now, you can grab a copy here. (For openHAB 2.x) The 3.x binding is further down this page.

Please let me know if you find any issues.

1 Like

Hi Flole,

I have just seen your last post. Great! Thanks alot for the binding. Thumbs up!
Works great !

Holger

Hi Flole,

could you please upgrade your binding to openhab 3.0?

As I no longer have the source code that’s not possible. But I think a 2.x binding should also work on 3.0, did you try that?

No it will not work. The namespace of the core classes has changed.

1 Like

Hi Flole,

that’s really bad luck. I just upgraded to Openhab 3 and I am again without a working Discovergy - binding.

As former FHEM-user my quick-fix (just took minutes) is just using the FHEM module and sending the data via MQTT through FHEM’s “generic_mqtt” -bridge. I am using this workaround also for a missing Oilfox - binding. Just in case others are having the same problem.

Regards,
Holger

I still haven’t updated to 3.0 myself as I had to migrate all my mqtt items to the new binding (those were more than 600 items, and the migration task is time consuming and I had to stop quite often because I just couldn’t focus anymore). Anyways, that is now almost done and I will need to take care of migrating other bindings including the Discovergy one. I had a brief look at the jar and it looks like I should be able to get the most important stuff back from the jar file so the migration should be mostly copying stuff from the old binding.

Thats the good news, the bad news is that I don’t have a lot of time at the moment, so this could very well take another 2 or 3 (or maybe even 4) months. I am very unhappy about that situation myself as my migration to 3.0 should have been done for quite a while now but still isn’t.