Missing Binding - Hunter Douglas

Hi

I just installed my first OpenHab setup :mechanical_arm: - As I need to do some custom automations for Niko Home Control and PowerView shades (Hunter Douglas controlled).

I can see the Hunter Douglas add-on is available on openhab.org, but I’m not able to find the binding inside the installation. Could this relate to regional settings? or how do I get the binding?

Thanks
Kim

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5
    • openHAB version: 4.0.0.

Did you look for luxaflex?

The binding id is hdpowerview, perhaps that can help?

And welcome to openHAB and the community forum! :slightly_smiling_face:

My shades are on battery and connected to wifi using powerview.
But yes - I looked for luxaflex also, but cant find it.

Yeah I saw that. I also searched for the id, but no luck.

As the powerview api is a HTTP get call to activate the different scenes, I could just go with the HTTP binding. BUT… if there is a binding I would rather use that.

Wow - SORRY.

I searched for the id/Add-on name(Hunter Douglas), but never thought of using the abbreviation HD (I should know that from daily work with SAP :slight_smile: )

Thanks Jacob I owe you a beer :wink:

Wow, still working with SAP. I thought I recognized your name! :wink: I’m still at KMD.

Welcome to another German system, but this one is pretty good. :grinning:

I would also strongly recommend that. Also, assuming you are on the Gen 2 gateway, you can also see how far you can get with the PowerView automations before creating openHAB automations.

See also Automating Hunter Douglas PowerView automations

Hehe - Yes still working with SAP. Same / Same but different employer :slight_smile:

I also recognized your name. :wink:

Thanks - I hope this is a good one. I was getting tired of IFTTT, such a huge delay.