- Platform information:
- Hardware: RPI4B 4GB
- OS: Openhabian
- openHAB version: 3.0.0
I’ve been using OH3 since it’s been released.
I’ve been experimenting with it while still in BETA, but when the official release came out I did a fresh Openhabian install and did everything from scratch.
At first I tried to use the UI to create equipment items and get the model up and working, but when I realized that I wasn’t getting all items named consistently (it was my fault of course) I decided to delete all the items, write down an Items files, get everything named as I wanted, link all channels, set all correct tags for Alexa integration, etc. and then use the “Add items from textual definition” feature to import them.
Now, the weird thing is that I know for sure that channels are all linked and working (otherwise I won’t be able to use them), but for some strange reason they do not show up on the Item page.
They do show up instead on the thing page.
Please see the attached example.
Another weird thing: when I get on an Item which is correctly showing its channel, then all other items I open after that one are showing that same channel too (see the screen recording).
I guess that this is more of a UI problem, but I’m not sure how I can help to investigate further.
I’m using Chrome 87.0.4280.141 on Mac OS 11.1, but the same thing is happening on my iPad (iOS 14.2) on Safari. I will test other devices too.
Looks like gifs are not shown, i uploaded everything here: Link