Missing OH3 Persistence in Eclipse IDE

Hallo,
I would like to add (rrdb4j) persistence in my Eclipse dev environment, so I added to the app.bndrun these modules:

org.openhab.core.model.persistence
org.openhab.core.model.persistence.runtime
org.openhab.core.model.persistence.ide
rrd4j

however under MainUI>Setting>Persistance i cannot see any settings and persistence does not work (for example I do not see any graphed values from the UI)

What are the steps to activate rrd4j persistence and data graphs from Eclipse?

It works for me after:

1. Adding the add-on to pom.xml:
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.openhab.addons.bundles</groupId>
      <artifactId>org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j</artifactId>
      <version>${project.version}</version>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependency>
  1. Adding org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j to the “Run Requirements” of app.bndrun

2. Hitting the “Resolve” button.

It should automatically add all dependencies to app.bndrun, so you don’t need to add rrd4j yourself.

See also Working with Add-ons in the openHAB developer documentation.

Thanks, but id does not work.
I added first just org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j as suggested. Then added also org.openhab.core.model.persistence.ide to “Run Requirements” just in case.
All these modules appear to be ACTIVE if I ask lb to Felix Gogo:

ID|State      |Level|Name
   65|Active     |    1|openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Model Persistence (3.1.0.202104270940)|3.1.0.202104270940
   66|Active     |    1|openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Model Persistence Runtime (3.1.0.202104270941)|3.1.0.202104270941
   75|Active     |    1|openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Persistence (3.1.0.202104270937)|3.1.0.202104270937
  169|Active     |    1|openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Persistence Service :: RRD4j (3.1.0.202104270930)|3.1.0.202104270930
  172|Active     |    1|openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Model Persistence IDE (3.1.0.202104270941)|3.1.0.202104270941

but if I go under MainUI>Setting>Persistance I cannot find any settings.
Actually ALL setting under System Services are empty (Regional, Network, etc.).
In anything else that need to be activated?

Anyone has some suggestion what is missing to use persistence in OH Eclipse setup?

You could try it with the changes I used:

mmm… strange:
if I checkout openhab-addons/main, openhab-distro/launch-rrd4j-app then launch app.bndrun it takes long to start, CPU 100%, then gives this error:

g! 17:38:04.557 [INFO ] [org.openhab.ui.internal.UIService   ] - Started UI on port 8080
Exception in thread "pool-1-thread-1" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.addConditionWaiter(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1896)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.awaitNanos(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:2114)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$DelayedWorkQueue.take(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:1182)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$DelayedWorkQueue.take(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:899)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.getTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1054)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1114)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

however the rrd4j Persistance is there (I can see the Persistence rrd4j config from MainUI).

After: I stop, add astro or another binding the usual way (pom.xml + app.bndrun + Resolve) it takes very long to Resolve with CPU 100%, then if I run Debug OSGi again, Persistence is not there anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.