Mitsubishi MelCloud Binding: looking for testers

Who knows ?? Try it and test ! Cheers. Luca

Hi all!

I’m planning to buy two Mitsubishi heat pumps (to use 99% for cooling) and am very interested in this binding :smile: What’s the delay you would normally have when making a change (e.g. turning heat pump on) in openHAB until the heat pump actually reacts? Just a couple of seconds?

Hi,

unfortunately AC Devices sync with cloud every ~5 min . So you have this temporal window.

Example (Heatpump sync every 5min) now is the 5pm. The heatpump will act the command sent at 5.05pm… so if you send command at 5.01pm you must wait 5.05pm for command is executed.

It’s not the optimal but quite acceptable.

Alternative is to manage the device with a local microcontroller (like esp8266) and sent commands bypassing cloud… obviously this require electronics and hardware knowledges.
https://nicegear.nz/blog/hacking-a-mitsubishi-heat-pump-air-conditioner/

So this binding is the simplest way to interface with openhab

Ciao Luca,
sorry for the delay. As promised, this is my feedback.
It works very well and the application sends and updates itself in reasonable times. I imagine that even the mitsubishi melcloud app has 5 minutes delay update, so it’s ok.
The advantage of using Openhab is to create scenarios, so:
Thank you very much for your work!
As a suggestion: is it possible to insert the plugin in the official Openhab repository?
Thanks again
Ciao
Ps: this is the raw state ( work in progress…)
AC_1

(i suppose you are italian like me :slight_smile: )

Thanks to contribution of another author (pali) we’ll manage to push the binding to official openhab addons repo ASAP

I’ll update on it’s status.

Thanks !

Luca

Ciao @Luca_Calcaterra,
sorry but after a reboot of openHAB due to a blackout I get this error:

2019-07-12 10:57:22.031 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘melcloud:melcloudaccount:6d6d7cbd’ changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): Login error, reason: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Delegated task threw Exception/Error

I tried to reinstall the binding and the thing too, but nothing changes. Could it be something about Java ? Because I’m having problems also with openHAB cloud, it doesn’t go online anymore…

Grazie

Which version do you use ?

openjdk version “1.8.0_212”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 3.12.0) (linux-gnu build 1.8.0_212-b04)
OpenJDK Client VM (build 25.212-b04, mixed mode)

installed on a Synology Diskstation

Ok but which version you have downloaded from my github repo ?

As I supposed it was a Java problem. I don’t know why after a system reboot openJDK was not working anymore. I had to upgrade to Oracle Java 8.
Thank you anyway.

1 Like

Hi, I just downloaded this, put it into the addons folder, but the melcloud binder never appears in the list… any tips?

version of binding and openhab ?

Hi!
OpenHab 2.4.0

and the binding is the top one on this (I guess its 2.3)

Open an issue on the github repo… thanks! :slight_smile:

Done, thanks=)

Hi Luca!

I installed the binding with openHAB 3.1 and it works very well. Thanks for your work so far!

I have two Mitsubishi “ERSC-VM2C” Air to Water “hydroboxes” installed (no fancoils from Mitsubishi). At the moment I have the “WIFI Interfaces” installed to control the core values via melcloud and openHAB.

My main task is to make the building “smart” and to take decisions on precence and occupation.

As an actual example: Why keep the hot water “hot” if no person is in the house (it is actually a holiday home). I need a bit of heating, to keep the cold outside the house, but I do not want to heat up the hot water tank up to 50°C. In the last months I just switched off the devices completely. But in the last days it gets quite cold and I need to engage the heating for a short time a day. Switching the heating on results in a large energy demand just for the heating of the hot water tank. It will cool down until the next day where it will be heated up first.

So, to make it short: the “tankWaterTemperature” channel is marked as read only. Is there a chance to provide a setting for “hot water tank target temperature”?

It would also be great to switch between “cooling” and “heating” and set the “flow temperature” via binding.

If I can’t realize a solution my next try will be the use of modbus-interfaces. Unfortunately the modbus-interface can’t be used the same time with the “WIFI-Adapter”. So I need to quit MelCloud, when I try modbus. It is quite comfortable to get a short overview using the melcloud app from outside - so I would definitely miss this opportunity.

It would be great, if there could be a solution via melcloud and the openHAB binding.

Thanks,
Dirk

Yes, It would be great to get more information from MelCloud. For heat pumps there is only few basic parameters. Did any one connect to heat pump via modbus? If yes - what information can be transferred to OH?