[Solved] Mochad X10 binding not showing in Inbox

I am a 3 day beginner user with OH migrating from HomeGenie which I have been using for many years to control a mixture of X10 and Z-Wave devices.

I find that OH is easy to use and well documented and I was able to setup and operate OH in less than a day. All my Z-Wave devices are now operating as expected.

However there is a problem with the legacy X10 devices.
After I install MochadX10 binding, the binding does not show up in the Inbox at all.

I have Mochad already loaded and I can operate my X10 devices directly from the terminal using Mochad and the CM15Pro.
I have enabled the ‘Include Legacy 1.x Bindings’ switch in the system configuration.

I am using OH 2.4.0 on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS.

i have also tried the installation of OH 2.4.0 on Windows 10 and the result is exactly the same. The MochadX10 binding does not appear in the Inbox.

I also have exactly the same problem when installing the InsteonPLM binding.

Am I doing something wrong?

I know that X10 is an old protocol but I believe there are many on us still using the old legacy modules.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

1.x bindings do not support discovery. You have to configure them with xxx.cfg files and {somebinding="..."} bindings in your Items.

Thank you for the very quick reply.

In my original post I forgot to mention that i already checked the services/mochadx10.cfg file and updated with the server IP address and port 1099 port for the CM15Pro as mentioned in the documentation for the binding.

Something for clarification… Should I create things and items manually even before being able to see the binding in the Inbox. ??

There no Things (or channels) involved with 1.x bindings. They were not invented in OH1.
There being no Things, there is nothing to appear in your inbox.

Because the 1.x binding requires you to link to an Item with {mochad="blah"} or suchlike, and there is no means to do that in PaperUI, you will have to do the whole Item definition in xxx.items file, the OH1 way.

Thanks for your quick reply and patience.

Since I am still new to OH I have a lot of reading to do.
I will try to follow your instructions and revert

I was out of town for some time for urgent business but after getting the time to go through the proper documentation one time more, I am now able to operate my X10 devices with OH.
Thank you for guiding me to the right path in order to get things done.