Modbus error (Modbus binding)

Good morning, I have many items connected via Modbus without problems. I have only one item connected to this Schneider slave (https://www.se.com/it/it/product/EGX150/gateway-ethernet-link150-2-porte-24-v-cc-e-poe/ ) where I get this error:

2023-09-11 19:27:34.988 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'modbus:poller:ModBUS_Sauna:SaunaMODBUS' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error with read: org.openhab.core.io.transport.modbus.internal.ModbusSlaveIOExceptionImpl: Modbus IO Error with cause=ModbusIOException, EOF=false, message='I/O exception: SocketTimeoutException Read timed out', cause2=null to ONLINE

2023-09-11 19:27:34.989 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'modbus:data:ModBUS_Sauna:SaunaMODBUS:MB_Temp_Sauna' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): No online bridge to ONLINE

This this the configuration:

Bridge modbus:tcp:ModBUS_Sauna  [ host="192.168.1.83", port=502, id=241, timeBetweenTransactionsMillis=5000, timeBetweenReconnectMillis=2000, connectMaxTries=10] {
	Bridge poller SaunaMODBUS [ start=4, length=1, refresh=5000, type="holding" ] {
		Thing data MB_Temp_Sauna			[ readStart="4", readValueType="uint16" ]

I disable the autoupdate of the item… but i have always this error…

Can you help me? this is my setting

serial port has nothing to do with tcp.
maybe take some inspiration on my setup using the smartlink same company so maybe same transmision
https://community.openhab.org/t/schneider-smartlink-modbus/132064

specifically look at this made a huge difference in connections errors

Bridge modbus:tcp:Powertag_security [ host="192.168.1.1", port=502, id=152, timeBetweenTransactionsMillis=1, connectMaxTries=3, reconnectAfterMillis=14400000  ] {

Putting this data things remains offline

Did you just copy paste what I put or read and adapt? Anyways where did you find that in the manual that temperature register can you post here what it says? Also post latest config file you did?

1 Like
Bridge modbus:tcp:ModBUS_Sauna  [ host="192.168.1.83", port=502, id=241, timeBetweenTransactionsMillis=1, timeBetweenReconnectMillis=1440000, connectMaxTries=10] {
	Bridge poller SaunaMODBUS [ start=4, length=1, refresh=5000, type="holding" ] {
		Thing data MB_Temp_Sauna			[ readStart="4", readValueType="uint16" ]

Montageanleitung (eos-sauna.com)

Thanks for help :slight_smile:

So let me get this straight that Schneider is a gateway that becomes master in a serial rs485 network.

You have defined all the devices correctly inside the scheinder gateway.

You are able to read all other parameters of the eos sauna controller except the temperature Wich makes the thing in openhab go offline and online.

You are communicating with the Schneider gateway via modbus TCP to relay the messages of the eos device.

If all those questions are correct it means you do get the temperature reading in openhab Wich is a slave to Schneider gateaway but just have disconnections problems right ?

Connecting the device directly via RS485 to your OpenHAB instance is not an option?
You only need a USB to RS485 adapter.