not sure is this questions aims at a general Openhab feature or can be answered for the Shelly binding only, or if it’s possible at all, so one shot in the blue…
I would like to have the readout of shelly sensors, if possible only for some specific, in a very short timeframe, let’s say 2~3 seconds - is this possible? To provide the background for this question:
- I have two water wells with pumps installed, both controlled by a Shelly1PM, i.e. with power reading.
- Both pumps shutdown themselfs once not water is there, but this is not the recommended mode of operation, more or less just a self protection before they run dry.
- Short before this point is reached I assume the required power will go do as there is no water to pump. I do not know right know how much this is, but will make this experiment in a couple of days to verify the assumption.
- A depth reading with sensors is complicated due to the physical setup of the wells and cannot be considered (that was the primary solution I was aiming for, but it simply does not work).
So my idea is something like that:
- Once the pump starts I start a script programmatically to check every second or so via cron or loop + timer the power consumption.
- If it falls below a certain threshold, the pump will be turned off.
- The script stops here
I noticed that sometimes readout values from Shelly devices come in after 5, sometimes after 20 seconds. As said, I’d like to read them in a higher frequency to be able to implement the above.
Maybe someone comes up with a different solution, that’d be also okay ,-))