Momentary Switch - FS20Z-1

I have added a FS20Z-1 to my OpenHab Zwave network.

The relay can be switched on and off via the auto-created control panel in Paper UI.

I have created the following switch and it does not trigger the relay…I think i may be missing some mapping???

.Item

Switch FGate "Front Gate" [ "Switchable" ] { autoupdate="false",channel="zwave:device:ad34b696:node4:switch_binary"}

,sitemap

sitemap sid label="xxx Control" {

Frame label="Front Gate Control"{
    	Switch item=FGate mappings=[ON="OPEN/CLOSE"] icon="gate"
    }

Any suggestions/directions would be greatly appreciated.

Squid

I’m not familiar with zwave, but I think, if you want a switch which is only closed as long as it is pressed (well, this won’t work…), you will have to use the expire binding or use a rule to reset the switch. This will result in a switch which is reset after e.g. 1 second, close enough…

The next thing is, maybe the widget at your sitemap does not work properly (I don’t know, though), because the parameters are out of sequence. This may not matter, but normally the sequence would be

Switch item=FGate icon="gate" mappings=[ON="OPEN/CLOSE"]

@Udo_Hartmann

Switching the order in the sitemap did not have any effect.

I swear there is a way to do a momentary switch without using a rule - I remember reading a post where someone had used the same device except for a garage door, and for the life of me I can’t find that post after a great deal of searching.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Squid

Yes, that is the expire Binding…

Switch FGate "Front Gate" [ "Switchable" ] { channel="zwave:device:ad34b696:node4:switch_binary",expire="1s,command=OFF",autoupdate="false" }

You will have to install the expire binding first (well, that’s obvious…) :wink:

1 Like

@Udo_Hartmann

Udo - Thank you so much…that did the trick…very elegantly and without a rule. After seeing how much more can be done with this binding I will be using it much more to “help” my son remember to turn off some of the lights he leaves on! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks again!