Motion sensor hsm100 fail to initialise

Listening, and Frequently Listening are totally different. Listening means the device is on all the time (ie listening all the time) where frequently listening means it wakes up about every 100ms or every 1s and listens.

I’ve not been able to view the images - sorry - so I don’t know what you refer to.

I’m referring to the “223.0 C” that I was able to edit manually into the “Temperature” field (as well as the “99” in the "Battery Level"field)

Ok - I guess the channel doesn’t have the read-only attribute. Clearly you can’t change the temperature (well, not unless you get in the oven at 223 deg :slight_smile: ).

There is inconsistency in the device where the configuration parameters show “stay awake” as 0, i.e. not listening
but the attributes show that the device is listening

I tried resetting the “stay awake” parameter (via habmin → Configuration-> Things) but whatever I place in doesn’t stick. The configuration parameter always shows 0, after navigating away and coming back.

How do I set the parameter such that the value persist? (and once I can set it, should I set “stay awake” to option 1 or option 2?)

• option 1
    Set the “stay awake” parameter to non 0 (e.g. 1?) (listening) temporarily for a one time initialisation.
    this way, the device will always listen, which will allow the initialisation to complete.

• option 2
    Set the “stay awake” parameter to 0 (not listening).
    this is the advised configuration for a battery device
    I will then have to press the device several times to wake it up until the initialisation completes

I’m not sure this is linked. The LISTENING flag is a protocol level flag that I’m suspect won’t change within the life of the node since it gets cached in the controller. It’s not linked to the state of the device.

Not sure I understand this - it should be persisted in the device once it’s transferred to the device. If HABmin says PENDING then it’s not transferred. If it times out (as a lot of transfers were on this device in your previous log) then it might also not transfer.

So shall I just ignore the value of the LISTENING status in the attributes?

Ok, I set it to non 0 (3) and restarted openhab and the value persisted. So “Stay awake” now shows 3 in the configuration parameters
So now it is effectively set to option2 (“Stay awake” = non 0 - i,e. listening).
But I still don’t see any reading from the device in the Control (see the attached image), and the log shows that device is a sleep at some point (although the device is now set to always listen?)

I don’t know - this comes from the low level protocol. I would be surprised if it can change, but I don’t know that for sure, but these flags are normally low level attributes of the device.

I don’t seem to be able to download it as it wants me to log in :frowning: .

I updated the post Motion sensor hsm100 fail to initialise.
Here is the log

I excluded and re-included the device. The “Stay awake” is back to 0 (not listening) :frowning: . The log file also indicates that the device is going to sleep, and I have to wake it up by pressing the button. This apparently is not sufficient as was pointed in here.
I’m out of ideas how to get over the initialisation hurdle…

I want to debug openhab2 using eclipse, with habmin. I followed the instructions in http://docs.openhab.org/developers/development/ide.html.
Habmin is not in the list of the installed files.

avner@i7Machine:~$ find /home/avner/openhab2-master3 -name "*habmin*"
avner@i7Machine:~$ 

I downloaded the jar file org.openhab.ui.habmin_0.1.6.jar. How do I add it to the project?

Thanks

You can import other projects that aren’t in the workspace using the file import menu.

I right-click File -> Import, (or launch [openhab-distro master] -> Import)
I’m asked for a wizard. Which wizard should I choose?

I think it’s Archive File, but I’m not 100% sure as it’s been ages since I’ve done this.

I’m hoping to debug the initialisation stage and workaround any timeouts to make sure that the initialisation process goes all the way to the end (with my help pressing the device as much as needed to make it work). Do you think this is a good approach?

I would really try and reset the device, or something so that it doesn’t report the listening flag since I think this is likely to cause problems no matter what is done in the binding. As I’ve said, the listening flag tells the controller that the device is always awake, and quite clearly this device isn’t.

You can certainly try and debug to see if it can be resolved - it might be possible (probably) to resolve the initialisation issue, but I would expect there to be continuing problems with its use.

I think it is a good idea, to indicate to openhab that the device is not listening (instead of working around timeouts). Since I have done everything I could, (from user operation perspective), I’ll try and intercept via the debugger, the point where the device reports as listening and override it with not-listening.
It will not solve the not-listening for the long term (beyond the debug session) but at least I’m hoping to see a “green dot” in habmin, indicating an initialisation complete.
(by the way, I ordered a new zwave controller Aeonlab zstick gen5 - maybe that will help, as well)

I’ve just done a search and found that this device can be used with external power - have you used it at all with external power?

I never tried, but I will now. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=132593 shows how to do that.

The listening flag indicates that the device is running on mains power, so possibly resetting it with power, and without power might fix the problem… maybe :slight_smile:

Apparently, connecting to main power does not change the state of the device. The state of device is only set via programming, by setting the “stay awake” parameter to 0, but since it already shows 0 in the configuration parameters (although openhab is reported it as listening), I have to step in with the debugger and check what is going on.
I imported org.openhab.ui.habmin_0.1.6.jar as follows:
clicked right-clicked on launch [openhab-distro master] and chose Import, then selected wizard “General -> Archive File” -> /home/avner/Downloads/org.openhab.ui.habmin_0.1.6.jar -> Finish
After that I executed openhab-distro master -> Debug.
I see messages in the Console pane, and http://localhost:8080 responds, but http://localhost:8080/habmin doesn’t come up.
I am probably not importing habmin properly. Can anyone help me on how to import jar file into the eclipse, so that it’s taking effect in the project?