<commandClass>CONFIGURATION</commandClass>
    <commandClass>WAKE_UP</commandClass>
    <commandClass>ASSOCIATION</commandClass>
    <commandClass>BATTERY</commandClass>
    <commandClass>MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC</commandClass>
    <commandClass>NODE_NAMING</commandClass>
    <commandClass>VERSION</commandClass>
  </nodeInformationFrame>

Sorry, I must been on another planet. I meant the Stay Awake. Not sure if it really means that the device becomes a listening device though. I remember reading about this when I got it, but many years has passed. It has been working great on my Vera over the years.

Edit: I have Stay Awake at 0.

Thanks - this is the answer… It’s what @Avner can’t get his to show…

Just got my new AeonLab zwave stick gen 5 and checked if the behaviour is different (I was hoping that the problem is in the original zwave controller), but it is the same :frowning:
Still:

• I cannot get the zwave xml file to be created
  • I cannot change the “Stay Awake” flag (that always shows 0)
  • habmin shows the device as listening.

I want to apply factory reset to the HSM100 but obviously I can not do it via openhab.
Is there another free zwave software that can be installed in Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) that can be used to change the data, or apply factory reset to the HSM100?

The HSM100 manual point to HS2 from HomeSeer but this is an expensive program, and I am looking to apply a one-time factory reset to the device.

You can only do this on the device itself - openhab, or other software, can not do this. Alternatively, you can exclude the device which for most devices will also reset it. Normally there’s a button to do the reset.

The HSM100 manual mentions that

To properly have EZMotion+ included in the routing tables, set 
Stay Awake to a non-zero value, then reset EZMotion+
(Exclude from the network), then add it back to the network.

After I set the “Stay Awake” to non-zero (e.g. 1), exclude and reinclude, the value appears as 0 again…
The manual specifies that valid values for the 'Stay Awake" are 0,-1 but openhab can set only 0 or positive numbers…

Isn’t a positive number a “non-zero” number?

If you want -1, then 255 will be the same if it’s a 1 byte value.

Yes, I wanted -1 so I tried setting to 255 but the value did not stick after exclusion and re-inclusion of the device.

I then built ozwcp (open-zwave-control-panel), which is another zwave program on Linux, using these instructions.

In http://localhost:8888/ I change the value of “Stay Awake” from 0 to 255.
After excluding and re-including the device, the values persist as 255 (I had to press the physical button on the device and click the refresh button in ozwcp).
Moreover, I restarted openhab and set the “Stay Awake” to arbitrary value (252). I then excluded the device from the controller and added it again in a new node. The v
alue of Stay Awake of the new device show 252.
i.e. this means that openhab does persist the “Stay Awake” value in the device (note that openhab itself, after restart, always shows the value as 0)…

Next I changed the Stay Awake value to 0 via ozwcp, excluded, re-included and verified via ozwcp that the new value is indeed 0 (i.e. not-listening)
I then restarted openhab and added the new device.
The new progress is that the device now shows not-listening (img1), but the zwave xml file is still not created :frowning:
The log (node 18) can be found here

img1

The log doesn’t show any data being received from the device, which I think it probably wrong. Is this a full log or have you reduced it to only show certain lines?

I thought it was full enough but I will test again and upload a full log when I get home tonight. Seeing the “Listening” turned off in img1 encourages me :slight_smile:

Thanks. I didn’t actually look at the log as a text file, but it’s clearly missing all the receive data packet information which is kind of important ;).

I cleaned up openhab.log, restarted openhab and pressed the physical button on the device several times.
Here is the openhab.log file (node 18)

It looks like the device is saying it supports the WAKEUP command class in endpoints 1 and 2, but then it doesn’t respond when messages are sent to it. This might be resolvable through a database modification - is this device in the database yet?

I don’t know the answer to this question.
I found an entry for EZMotion Express in the database in here (EZMotion Express by Express Controls).
Should I look further into the database, or do anything else on my side to answer this question?

Openhab recognises the device as Z-Wave Node 18: EZMotion Express Wireless 3-in-1 Sensor.
I guess this means that the device is associated with something in the database…

From the founder of Express Controls:

The HSM100 is the same as the EZMotion+. 
The user manual can be found http://www.expresscontrols.com/pdf/EZMotion+OwnerManual.pdf

Maybe EZMotion+ is not excactly the same as EZMotion Express?

I found references of xml files that describe this (or similar) device in here.
Users of openhab reported working with this (or similar) device in here and here

I contacted the founder of Express Controls, and asked if there are 2 similar products. His reply:

Apparently EZMotion Express is a typo. There was an earlier EZMotion 
and then later a slightly improved version called EZMotion+. 
Both were also sold under the homeseer brand as HSM100 but 
they are the same product – just a different name.

I’m not sure how other users of openhab initialize the device successfully.

@chris, is there something that can be done on your side to accommodate?
Thanks

Bump bump

@chris any updates on how to resolve the device through database modification?
Thanks

I’ll look at it as soon as I get a chance - I’m on holiday at the moment so have only limited time…

According to the developer of the HSM100

HSM100 was developed long before the current rules on endpoints were in place.
The endpoints are only to differentiate between the sensors in the device.
Everything else should be sent without multichannel encapsulation.
Wakeup CC must be sent without multichannel encapsulation.
Wakeup applies to the device as a whole, not to the individual sensors.

According to @chris

this is exactly what the database modification would do - effectively to remove
the wakeup class that the device currently advertises from the 2 endpoints.

@chris Is the database modification something that I can do, or it needs to be done on your side?
If the latter, do you know when it would be done? Do I then have to download an updated version of the database? Where from?

Also, do you know if the Zway binding can potentially resolve this issue, without changes to the database?
Does it rely on the database of zwave devices that you are maintaining?

Thanks

Hi sorry - I will try and look at this tonight if I have internet otherwise hopefully tomorrow…

Hi @chris
Did you have a chance to get on that? (sorry for pestering)
Is there anything that I can do from my side? (I read that you sometimes give access to users to the database)
Let me know if I can help.
Thanks.