Motion sensor hsm100 fail to initialise

Hi sorry - I will try and look at this tonight if I have internet otherwise hopefully tomorrow…

Hi @chris
Did you have a chance to get on that? (sorry for pestering)
Is there anything that I can do from my side? (I read that you sometimes give access to users to the database)
Let me know if I can help.
Thanks.

Yes - the binding was updated a couple of days ago.

I’ll try it tonight when I get back home.
How do I get the latest biding? Does it include the updated database, or do I have to grab it separately?
Thanks

Just uninstall the zwave binding, wait a minute and then install it again. That’s it …:slight_smile:

The latest binding includes the latest database. Just uninstall the current binding and install again - the system will pick up the latest snapshot.

I am having trouble to reinstall the zwave binding.
In HABmin -> Configuration -> Extensions -> Bindings (http://localhost:8080/habmin/index.html#/extensions)
I unistall and then install “Z-Wave Binding”. The web page shows the right signs (the status changes:
uninstall -> install -> uninstall )
but I don’t see the binding in the openhab2

ll /opt/openhab2/runtime/karaf/system/org/eclipse/smarthome/binding/
total 40
drwxrwxrwx 10 openhab openhab 4096 May 22  2016 ./
drwxr-xr-x 13 openhab openhab 4096 May 22  2016 ../
drwxr-xr-x  3 openhab openhab 4096 May 22  2016 org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.digitalstrom/
drwxr-xr-x  3 openhab openhab 4096 May 22  2016 org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.fsinternetradio/
drwxr-xr-x  3 openhab openhab 4096 May 22  2016 org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.hue/
drwxr-xr-x  3 openhab openhab 4096 May 22  2016 org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.lifx/
drwxr-xr-x  3 openhab openhab 4096 May 22  2016 org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.ntp/
drwxr-xr-x  3 openhab openhab 4096 May 22  2016 org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos/
drwxr-xr-x  3 openhab openhab 4096 May 22  2016 org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.wemo/
drwxr-xr-x  3 openhab openhab 4096 May 22  2016 org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.yahooweather/

I may have permissions problem, as I invoke openhab from the command line as root (is this ok?)

sudo /opt/openhab2/start.sh

I tried changing permissions to the binding directory, but it didn’t help:

sudo chmod a+w  /opt/openhab2/runtime/karaf/system/org/eclipse/smarthome/binding/

ll -d /opt/openhab2/runtime/karaf/system/org/eclipse/smarthome/binding/
drwxrwxrwx 10 openhab openhab 4096 May 22  2016 /opt/openhab2/runtime/karaf/system/org/eclipse/smarthome/binding//

I’m not sure if I have the correct setting:

• Should I upgrade the entire openhab?
  • How can I tell which version of openhab /habmin I’m using?
  • Where are the binding files saved once they are installed?

Thanks

I installed openhab2 from scratch. I followed the instructions from here to do Package Repository installation (snapshot installation). I then started openhab2 like so

sudo su -s /bin/bash -c '/usr/share/openhab2/start.sh' openhab

I now see “Paper UI” and “HAB Panel”, but not HABmin, which I used before to add bindings.
Trying to follow the instructions here to install Habmin, but the link for the latest snapshot is broken.
I added the zwave binding via PaperUI, but the HSM100 still does not show up properly.

Can someone direct me to the location of the log messages?
They used to be in /opt/openhab2 (e.g. /opt/openhab2/userdata/logs/openhab.log) for the manual installation, but for the package installation there is no /opt/openhab2, and /usr/share/openhab2 does not have a userdata directory…

Thanks

As almost always: it’s in the docs:

http://docs.openhab.org/installation/linux.html#file-locations

Log files: /var/log/openhab2

That was for a very old HABmin installation on openHAB2 … a long time ago :slight_smile:
Now we have a zwave2 binding and you correctly installed it through PaperUI. Don’t forget to delete that other stuff in your addons folder …

Thanks @sihui. So I reinstalled openhab2 from scratch (after removing all previous oh2 related files)
(did Repository installation, beta repository, openhab2-online option)

I excluded and reincluded the HSM100 device, and I’m seeing the same results as before:

• no node xml file generated for the HSM100 (node 19)
  • a zwave device that is used for reference, initialises properly, creates the file node3.xml and responds well

@chris I tried looking at the log (node 19) using your tool, but I don’t know how to interpret the log. Can you take a look at the log file here please?

Thanks

I want to be sure that I’m running the latest build

Check1 - via rest
http://localhost:8080/rest/ shows

“version”:“0.9.0.b2”.

Check2 - via karaf

openhab> version

Check3 - When starting openhab2 from the command line I get the following version

__  _____    ____      
  ____  ____  ___  ____  / / / /   |  / __ )     
 / __ \/ __ \/ _ \/ __ \/ /_/ / /| | / __  | 
/ /_/ / /_/ /  __/ / / / __  / ___ |/ /_/ /      
\____/ .___/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_/  |_/_____/     
    /_/                        2.0.0.b5
                               Release Build 

Check4 - via dpkg

dpkg --list | grep openhab

ii openhab-addon-binding-zwave 1.8.3 all openHAB ZWave Binding

rc openhab2-offline 2.0.0~20161116033345 all openHAB Offline Distribution
ii openhab2-online 2.0.0~b5 all openHAB Online Distribution

How do I know if this is the latest version?
and what do these different numbers indicate?

• 0.9.0.b2
  • 2.0.0.b5

@chris I checked the HSM100 device entry here.
It still specifies WAKE_UP in the command class for endpoint1, and endpoint2. I thought you were going to remove this?

Thanks

To get the version of the binding, go to karaf and type the list command.

I just added the wake up class to these endpoints - they weren’t there before…

I’m confused now. In the email between you and Eric (the developer of HSM100) repeated in
this post, you mentioned

Thanks - this is exactly what the database modification would do - effectively to remove the wakeup class that the device currently advertises from the 2 endpoints.

@chris Did you get a chance to look at the new log file? (attached here again) (node 19)

I’m getting 2.0.0.b5. Is this the correct zwaver version to use?

openhab> list

187 | Active | 80 | 2.0.0.b5 | ZWave Binding

This version is too old I think - you should use the snapshot.

I need to add the classs first so that I can add options to it.

Ok, I installed the snapshot

__  _____    ____      
  ____  ____  ___  ____  / / / /   |  / __ )     
 / __ \/ __ \/ _ \/ __ \/ /_/ / /| | / __  | 
/ /_/ / /_/ /  __/ / / / __  / ___ |/ /_/ /      
\____/ .___/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_/  |_/_____/     
    /_/                        2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
                               Build #743   

and reinstalled zwave (uninstall, install - to pick up the latest version) and checked the zwave version in karaf

openhab> list
192 | Active   |  80 | 2.0.0                 | ZWave Binding

Is this the latest zwave binding to use?

So, is the zwave binding changes ready, or shell I wait for a new version?
Thanks

Build 743 should be fine.

With build 743, the HSM100 fails to initialise (node 19). The log file is in here

Have you deleted the thing and added it back in? You’ll need to do this to pick up the updated configuration.

I did. I just did it again to be 100% sure.
Now it is node 20 and it fails again. The log file is here
(I clicked the device several times to wake it up)

@chris, do you think this can be resolved?