Motion sensor hsm100 fail to initialise

@Avner, @Hamish and others who might benefit from this,
I have lend Chris one of my EZMotion Express Wireless 3-1 Sensor so he can make it work properly with the OH2 Z-Wave binding. Currently the sensor is on his way to him.
I took the costs of sending the device to him upon me.

I am wondering if any of you are willing to donate a few buck so Chris can send the device back after he is done. That would be awesome, thanks upfront.
@chris could you let us know how much the shipping costs are?

@chris thanks for wiling to do this!
@Avner, @Hamish and everybody else who is willing to chip in, thanks a lot!

best regards,
Raymond

@RayBe and @chris thanks so much for providing / working on the device. I’ll be happy to chip-in. Let me know the details.

@Avner thanks that will be great! :slight_smile:
Br,
Raymond

I had a quick look online - it looks like 13 to 15 UK Pounds for post back across the ditch (I took the size/weight from the tracking form from @RayBe).

@RayBe is that about what you paid in Euro?

There’s a donate button on the bottom of the about page on my website.

(now I just gotta fix it ;)).

I paid 13 euro’s to send it to you, so that sounds about right :slight_smile:
Thanks all!
Br,
Raymond

I’m happy to chip in.

Let us know when the donate button is working Chris :slight_smile:

@Hamish, thats great thanks!
br,
Raymond

I made the donation.
@chris, once you resolve the issue, it would be great if you explain the solution, and point to the git revision change. I will very much want to look into the code changes so that I will learn something from it.
Thanks for helping out and sticking on this matter.

Ditto.

Well, it’s arrived :wink: - I’ll take a look over the weekend…

I am glad it went this smooth, great!
I hope you don’t have too much work on it to get it in perfectly working shape :slight_smile:
Br,
Raymond

1 Like

Same here - I’ve had a couple of things go missing in the post recently which is why I wanted this sent tracked mail ;).

Thanks.

I am with you on this one, so please when returning, use tracked mail also :wink: :slight_smile: thanks a million
Br,
Raymond

Will do - that was already the plan :).

I though as much, just wanted to make sure :smile: I am just very cautious with my gears :slight_smile: thanks a lot, really!
Br,
Raymond

I’ve got this working now - nothing too major wrong and mostly database updates required. I’ll create an updated binding with the development branch later tonight - please give it a whirl and see if it works.

(note tha by ‘working’ I mean it completes initialisation and generates an XML - I’ve not actually checked all the functionality yet…

Wow Chris, this is great news!!!
Thanks you so much!
I have 3 of these sensors, so all in all a major improvement for me!
Am i right in that Network Wide Inclusion isn’t supported by the device?
And thus the best way to include them is to either use a inclusion controller or use the button on the Z-Stick and keep it really close to the device?

br,
Raymond

I assume you are going too? :smile: :wink: :smiley: lol

br,
Raymond

Almost certainly - it’s an old device and NWI is relatively new. Somewhere I’ve got information on what version is required for NWI but I can’t find it right now.

Yes - nearish - 5 or 10m should normally be ok with high power inclusion.

Yes, but I’d also like you guys to make sure it’s working before I call it done and send the device back :wink:

Cheers
Chris

I’m gonna let you work out how this thing works ;). I’ve confirmed I can configure it, and it sends (occasionally!) a command to trigger the movement, but it’s not (yet!) sent one to disable the alarm or in fact the temperature or luminance. I’m not quite sure how it’s meant to work - even after 10 or 15 minutes the sensor is still reporting that motion is triggered (even when I set the time to 1 or 2 minutes).