Motion sensor hsm100 fail to initialise

@chris, To test the changes, can you specify the snapshot version number once it is built?
I am using the Official Release based on the installation notes from here.
What do I need to do to engage and test the snapshot zwave binding? (do I have to do update other binding or make other changes?)

Oh, ok, I was hoping that when it would properly finish initialisation it would also report temperature and luminance, what could cause this non reporting of those values? Database?

@Avner to make use of the edited hsm100 install the development binding, see:

Br,
Raymond

It’s probably database. The manual doesn’t provide much info - at least no that I could find. It seems to indicate that these channels need to be polled and I suspect that they use one of the other end points but I don’t find this information.

I did add another channel for testing but I’ve not looked at it yet. Will try and do that today but if you find any info about what the different endpoints are meant to do it would b useful.

What about this:

Br
Raymond

1 Like

:grinning:

I’ve not seen this before - can you load this to the database please. It’s definitely useful and probably answers my questions. Currently I’m working through a few other issues, but will look at this later and produce an update based on this.

Done! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks - I’ve just been through and updated the channels based on this doc - it was very different to what’s in there so I’m a bit suspicious that there might be a couple of versions.

I think @xsnrg added the first version (Jim - FYI in case you have any comments on this and we need to split out a separate version).

@chris as far as I know, there are 2 versions:
The regular one and the “+” one.
What I pasted is the regular one. If i remember correctly there are 2 id’s in the database, maybe one is for the “+” variant.

Ok - this may be the answer… So I may have screwed up the + version in that case (sorry @xsnrg if that is yours ;)).

We can easily add this back in by copying parameters and loading the XML for the other device…

@chris I don’t believe that one is mine, or at least the device does not sound familiar to me. I will look at the DB entry and double check.

Hey Jim - sorry, you’re right - it was @xs4me (close-ish… ;)).

according to:

The plus version is:

Product type="0002" id="0002" name="EZMotion+ 3-in-1 Sensor" config="homeseer/ezmotionplus.xml"/

There are also a few .XML files which might be interesting :wink:

br,
Raymond

Do you mean the OZW files? They aren’t really of of great use as everything is a different format and when I looked in the past we had a lot more in our database than them… (I tried to collaborate with them in the past with the database developments, but they weren’t interested - never mind :wink: ).

Oh ok wow, that surprises me, the more people can help on 1 software project, the better i think. I did past a link to the OZW page because there you can find the different product type and id for the EZMotion Express and EZMotion Express Plus variant.

Is this in the developers binding so i can give it a spin :wink: :smiley:

Thanks,
br,
Raymond

No - no yet. I’ll try and get this done today.

@chris, goodmorning :slight_smile:

Awesome, thanks!

i included the device using the ZStick,
Battery value is reporting;
Lumi, temp and motion isn’t.
Should i wait a bit longer or did you do anything to the config of the device?
Polling period is per default set to 30 min, i don’t know if thats correct, also the Wakeup Interval is set to 3600 sec.
Do you get readings for lump, temp and motion?
Sometimes motion does show, but not consistently

br,
Raymond

I haven’t had the chance to retest this after I made the database changes which changed motion from sensor_binary to sensor_multilevel (as per the doc you sent). However, motion was being reported through the BASIC, so it should report (although I never saw it go OFF).

motion seems to report now, but it stays on for a while, not seeing the other motion events so it seems.
Lumi and Temp still don’t report.

I’ll take a look at this again now - I think that it only works by polling, so yo’ll need to set the poll period AND the wakeup period to a lower number to make this work. Otherwise the polls will be queued until the device wakes up.