Move OH 2.4 installation from RPI 2 to OH 2.5 on Intel Nuc using backup and restore does'nt restore any thing

Hi, I moved my Homematic dominated infrastructure to CCU3, because I need to update the underlaying system on my rasperrymatic due to be able to connect newly bought sensors (they did not connect to CCU2 - firmware update required on raspberrymatic).

After I updated the firmware I realized, that my current OH 2.3 does not connect to a Homematic CCU2. The solution from other users here in the community was to migrate to a SNAPSHOT version 2.4. So I did. The CCU3 was connected fine, but still some errors occures for some in past well working sensors - channel not found. I’ve red about timing issues during startup and decided, to move the installation to a much faster Intel NUC Box.

So my basic plan was, to install debian 9 stretch on this box and install OH from nightly repo (as I need at least 2.4) and migrate my installation using backup on the pi, copy the file to the new NUC and restore it.
Unfortunatly I received OH 2.5 from the snapshot repo. Backup and restore are done without errors.

But finaly nothing from my installation appeared in the new system. No Binding, No Thing, No Item, No nothing.

I am using mostly files to configure services, things and items and in seldom cases the Discovery option via Paper UI.

What I’am doing wrong? I just want to copy all my setup / config to a new Box to overcome this timing problems.

Restore is looking like this:

##########################################
       openHAB 2.x.x restore script
##########################################

Using '/etc/openhab2' as conf folder...
Using '/var/lib/openhab2' as userdata folder...
Making Temporary Directory
Extracting zip file to temporary folder.

Backup Information:
 -------------------
 Backup Version         | 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT (You are on 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT)
 Backup Timestamp       | 18_12_17-22_35_59
 Config belongs to user | openhab
             from group | openhab

Your current configuration will become owned by openhab:openhab.

Any existing files with the same name will be replaced.
Any file without a replacement will be deleted.

Okay to Continue? [y/N]: y
Moving system files in userdata to temporary folder
Deleting old userdata folder...
Restoring system files in userdata...
Deleting old conf folder...
Restoring openHAB with backup configuration...
Deleting temporary files...
Backup successfully restored!

Booth systems running on debian. RPI is running Zulu Java and the NUC OpenJDK.

Can anyone help me in this special case please?

Best regards
Kay

Do you have anything in these directories after the restore on the NUC? If nothing is there, then perhaps there is an issue with your backup file. I recently did something almost the same as you, backing up on an RPI and restoring on a NUC and it worked fine. I was using a 2.4 snapshot, not 2.5, though.

Jonh, thanks for your reply.

Yes, there is nothing coming from the backup inside these folders. Just the file delivered by standard installation.
The backup file looks seems to be a valid zip. At least under windows I can open and extract it without any problems.

I will have a look into the restore scripts and will try then to do the same actions in the terminal - maybe there I see any problem. Maybe something is wrong with the zip utilities.

Best regards Kay

And nothing interesting in the openHAB log files? Did you restart openHAB after the restore? Seems like something would appear in the logs if there is an issue with the restored files.

I can understand this post very well. I have been using OPENHAB for several years now. Accordingly, there is a lot of work involved. My attempt to switch from the totally stable running 2.4 version to the 2.5 version is bordering on disaster. I’ve had mixed feelings about how things are developing, but it just confirms that large implementations are simply no longer supported. My Homematic-Bridge is currently logging on twice, which leads to a complete duty cycle every time. In my opinion, there is far too little support for release changes. At the moment I don’t know how to migrate this with reasonable effort. I will now start my backup image based on 2.4 and look for alternatives to Openhab.