MPD Binding and Openhab 2

Hello,

I have running OpenHab 2 on a raspberry 3. I cannot find the MPD binding. What am I doing wrong?

I want to use MPD to Control a Volumio Player

Thank you for your help

mpd is not supported yet (and as far as I remember, there is an issue which even prevents the v1 mpd binding to work properly through the compatibility layer

I use the mpd binding in OH2 - It works.
All I did was to activate the compatibility layer and copy the addon in the folder.

Thank you for your answer, I will try it

I tried to include the mpd binding into OH2 but it doesnt work for me.
What i tried so far is:
Connected to OH2 over port 8101 (running it as a service) with the user openhab
installed the compatibility feature (feature:install openhab-runtime-compat1x)
copied the org.openhab.binding.mpd-1.10.0.jar to the folder /usr/share/openhab2/addons
gave the permissions for the user and group openhab
but it doesnt work. Do I need to copy the file somewhere else? like /var/lib/openhab2/kar/openhab-addons-2.0.0/org or /var/lib/openhab2/kar/openhab-addons-legacy-2.0.0/org
Also do I need to add the new binding into some kind of list?
One more question: Am I asuming right, that the binding will be shown in paperUI under Add-ons or do I need to create the THING item by myself? (Because I didnt tested this yet)

Thanks

Is there any progress in getting it to work natively or by implementing the legacy addon?

I try to avoid wasting time in testing myself so I’m just asking.

Thanks

Having looked into this I think the MPD binding uses GPL libraries to connect. This is not compatible with the OpenHAB 2 allowed licences (as far as I understand). I can not find a compatible licence MPD library. So a OpenHAB 2 MPD binding has to implement the MPD protocol as well as the binding. This is a lot more work.

I have got a half working Mopidy REST API JSON-RFC 2.0 binding. I plan to either finish this off for my needs or try to do a proper MPD binding. I am not sure which is a better place to put the effort but this effort is maybe worth sharing?

Does anyone have a MDP openHAB2 binding in progress? Is there a need for one. Is Mopidy REST API JSON-RFC 2.0 what most users are using?

Any thoughts would be helpful.