MQTT 1.14.0 won't load on OH2.5.0

Openhab 2.5.0~S1524-1 with updated addons and legacy…

Todays fun times started when OH2.4.0-1 decided it wasn’t going to play. No paperUI, no updates from zWave, complaining about corrupted zwave files. Complaining about rules and not being able to load some java modules called greaterThan because the value was a NULL…

So I got annoyed and updated to 2.5.0 (Latest). An lo… MQTT now fails. again. Even after re-enabling 1.x modules in Configuration->System and finding the MQTT binding and telling it to install, paperUI (Which is now back as of 2.5.0) just sits & spins before pretending I asked nothing.
I tried Owntracks too. Nothing. This non-deterministic mess that OH has turned into over the last few years is just an exercise in building new stomach ulcers.

Frustrating doesn’t begin to describe it. (Yeah, I know 2.5.0 is a beta, but 2.4.0-1 isn’t exactly prime of life either I’m afraid).
I even had the sodding Jenkins isn’t ready to do anything errors again back with 2.5.0 after seeing them banished with 2.4.0-1.

Command Line? We’ve heard of that!

openhab> feature:install openhab-binding-mqtt1
Error executing command: Permission denied
openhab>

Finally some errors logged… About an hour later…

2019-02-17 17:47:06.572 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-nest1, openhab-binding-mqttitude1': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-mqttitude1; type=karaf.feature; version="[1.14.0.SNAPSHOT,1.14.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-mqttitude1)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=1.14.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=1.14.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-binding-mqttitude1/1.14.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-binding-mqttitude1/1.14.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.binding.mqttitude; type=osgi.bundle; version="[1.14.0.201902170308,1.14.0.201902170308]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.binding.mqttitude/1.14.0.201902170308: missing requirement [org.openhab.binding.mqttitude/1.14.0.201902170308] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.codehaus.jackson)"]]

Why it’s complaint about the nest1 add-on I have no idea. It’s not been asked for…

openhab1 addons in general don’t seem to work atm with the snapshots.

But that is kind of expected, the build system has changed, a lot of packages and features have changed, code got moved around. And since two days only the snaptshots are finally building a regular OH2 core again. So there is still some work left before snapshots are in a working condition.

Your best bet is OH2.5M1, I guess.