Mqtt 2.4 binding dimmer on/off

Hi David,

do you have a link to the PR? I can find it on github.
How does it work for OH if you create a PR for this, will this then only be added to 2.5, or is there a chance to get in 2.4 also?

/Thomas

openHAB is more or less a rolling release software. We take a “snapshot” of a specific date and then call that a “stable” release. So there is no backporting going on. We have no long-time-support versions or any of these concepts (not enough man power).

So to be clear … is this in the current 2.5 release?

Thanks

There is no OH 2.5 release and will not for the next 3 months. Snaptshots are currently not stable and will not for the next 30 days or so until the new-buildsystem migration has finished and the core is stable again.

Sorry, I mean Snapshot. What about the 2.5.0.M1 milestone version? Does this include this functionality, an is it likely to be stable?

Cheers

@David_Graeff, could you comment on whether 2.5.0.M1 includes the dimmer on/off functionality?

I think it does

I am having the same problem, but only when I use Alexa to issue an ON or OFF command to the Dimmer. Percentages are working fine. The “thing” does not seem to be capable of mapping ON or OFF and send it via MQTT.

2019-07-14 15:21:18.022 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'LeftBlanket' received command OFF

2019-07-14 15:21:18.032 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - LeftBlanket predicted to become OFF

2019-07-14 15:21:18.061 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LeftBlanket changed from 20 to 0

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2019-07-14 15:21:18.032 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.mqtt.generic.internal.handler.GenericThingHandler@1a5f211': null

java.lang.NumberFormatException: null

at java.math.BigDecimal.<init>(BigDecimal.java:497) ~[?:?]

at java.math.BigDecimal.<init>(BigDecimal.java:383) ~[?:?]

at java.math.BigDecimal.<init>(BigDecimal.java:809) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.DecimalType.<init>(DecimalType.java:57) ~[102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.PercentType.<init>(PercentType.java:47) ~[102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.PercentType.valueOf(PercentType.java:63) ~[102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.mqtt.generic.internal.values.PercentageValue.update(PercentageValue.java:87) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.mqtt.generic.internal.generic.ChannelState.publishValue(ChannelState.java:302) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.mqtt.generic.internal.handler.AbstractMQTTThingHandler.handleCommand(AbstractMQTTThingHandler.java:119) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor39.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy148.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [235:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.mqtt.generic:0.10.0.oh240]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:75) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh240]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:49) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh240]

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor38.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Is this also related to OH 2.4 not supporting ON/OFF to dimmers? Shall I wait for a new version?

Best regards,

Luciano

1 Like

I am having the same problem now I have converted everything over to the new MQTT, etc …

Not sure if it is my config or not supported …