MQTT 2.4 binding Hue dependency

I run OH 2.4.0 Release Build and am testing @cweitkamp’s new Hue binding with support for Hue Tap and Hue Profiles (see here). When removing the oh240 version of the Hue binding and installing the latest test version in the addons directory I had some errors related to dependency of mqttgeneric with hue binding. I temporary removed the mqtt and mqttgeneric bindings to test the hue binding. When adding the mqtt bindings again, the following errors are in the log file:

[ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-mqttgeneric': Error restarting bundles:
        Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.hue [224]
  Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="0.11.0.201901011457"; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.hue"; singleton:="true"

[ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-mqttgeneric': Error restarting bundles:
  Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="0.11.0.201901011457"; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.hue"; singleton:="true"

It also installed the original hue binding (oh240 version) alongside the test version (status: Installed).

@David_Graeff Is there a dependency between mqtt and hue binding? Or am I missing something else?

Not in the slightest. No idea what is going wrong here.

OK, thanks for the confirmation. Back to Christoph then… :sunglasses:

Did you put something into your services/addons.cfg file?

Argggh… I didn’t remove the hue binding from the addons.cfg. :flushed:

Still puzzled why this triggers an mqtt binding related issue…

Did you solve it? I guess the framework tries to install all missing bindings which are listed in the addons.cfg file. Maybe manually installed bindings are ignored because of the different version number. But who knows for sure?

I will dig into it over the weekend, but I noticed another strange dependency issue related to mqtt-generic while testing with the Netatmo binding.