MQTT binding, updated to 2.x, but erro on loading 1.x

Running openhabian, 2.5.0~S1507-1 (Build #1507) (snapshot)

I have moved to mqtt 2.x binding and most of it seems working.

I thought I’d removed binding 1.x, but get the follwoing, repeating error in the log:

[ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-mqtt1'

I’ve found no reference to it and everything in mqtt.cfg is commented out. (this file is not referenced by the 2.x binding right?)

So, what is causing it to attempt to load 1.x?

Do you have mqqt1 in your addons.cfg?

After checking the addons.cfg you can also check to see if the mqtt 1.x binding is listed in /var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config. If the binding is not in the addons.cfg and you have it uninstalled via paperUI then stop OH (sudo systemctl stop openhab2)and remove it from /var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config and restart OH (sudo systemctl start openhab2).

1 Like

Ok, so it was listed in addons.config. I removed it and no more of that error…but, on OH start this is in the log about 10 times:

2019-01-26 09:04:05.159 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.201901181547 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(78)] : doFindMethod: Suitable but non-accessible method found in class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl

2019-01-26 09:04:05.162 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.201901181547 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(78)] : findMethod: Suitable but non-accessible method setScheduler found in class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl, subclass of org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl

Nothing to do with mqtt and apparently the system is working…

If you only see it on start up and everything else is working then I wouldn’t worry to much. If the problem continues, or it’s just something that bothers you, then I would recommend cleaning the cache.

sudo systemctl stop openhab2

sudo openhab-cli clean-cache

sudo systemctl start openhab2

It only occurred on start.

I’ll be updating some rules, etc. later. So, I’ll keep an eye out.