MQTT binding with cloudmqtt

I cant seem to get MQTT working with a cloud broker, as I understand I do not need a broker like Mosquitto as I am using the cloud…

my mqtt.cfg is…
cloudmqtt.url=tcp://m10.cloudmqtt.com:xxxxx
cloudmqtt.clientId=smartthings
cloudmqtt.user=xxxxx
cloudmqtt.pwd=xxxxx
cloudmqtt.qos=1
cloudmqtt.retain=true
cloudmqtt.async=false

And I am getting my port and login info from my account at https://api.cloudmqtt.com.

But I am getting errors on the log screen

2018-06-13 14:38:02.001 [INFO ] [t.mqtt.internal.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection 'cloudmqtt'

2018-06-13 14:38:02.285 [ERROR] [penhab.io.transport.mqtt.MqttService] - Error starting broker connection

org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.MqttException: MqttException

at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ExceptionHelper.createMqttException(ExceptionHelper.java:38) [226:org.openhab.io.transport.mqtt:1.12.0]

at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ClientComms$ConnectBG.run(ClientComms.java:664) [226:org.openhab.io.transport.mqtt:1.12.0]

What Do I need to do to fix this?
I have tried ssl, a different login (the user login) and different ports mentioned in other posts but nothing works.

And that was a path I tried but could not get the addtrustexternalroot.cert file. the link downloads a addtrustexternalroot.crt file when a addtrustexternalroot.cert file is what it says is needed. I was stuck at this point.

In my case, as I am using cloudMQTT, the public certificate is available for download
at: https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/854/75/root-addtrustexternalcaroot 

Did you try just renaming the file using .crt? There really is nothing magical about the file extension.

yes, i used the crt file downloaded, ran the rest od the instructions and i was able to finish that, but i still have errors with mqtt and cannot get it going.

What errors?

2018-06-13 18:54:19.060 [INFO ] [penhab.io.transport.mqtt.MqttService] - MQTT Service initialization completed.

2018-06-13 18:54:19.066 [INFO ] [t.mqtt.internal.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection ‘mosquitto’

2018-06-13 18:54:19.072 [INFO ] [t.mqtt.internal.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection ‘’

2018-06-13 18:54:19.077 [ERROR] [penhab.io.transport.mqtt.MqttService] - Error starting broker connection

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: “m10.cloudmqtt.com

Can I see your mqtt.cfg please?

my mqtt.cfg is…
cloudmqtt.url=ssl://m10.cloudmqtt.com:13958
cloudmqtt.clientId=smartthings
cloudmqtt.user=xxxxx
cloudmqtt.pwd=xxxxx
cloudmqtt.qos=1
cloudmqtt.retain=true
cloudmqtt.async=false

That the config given to you by cloud mqtt?

That’s mine

cloudmqtt.url=ssl://m23.cloudmqtt.com:24879

for:

cloudmqtt.user=xxxxx
cloudmqtt.pwd=xxxxx

I use exactly what cloudMQTT has given me.

Yes that is exactly what I am looking at and using but it still errors out in my :9001 log. I will just start over again with my Openhab image, I am using a raspberry pi 3b with the Openhab image, maybe a fresh start will help things. If not I will switch over to the local MQTT.

Thank you both for all your help!!!

It looks like the normal port start with 1 and the ssl ports are 2…
Have you tried port 23958?

I did see that, I tried the SSL port listed in my account, but no go.