MQTT broker problem

Last week I had a power failure and my system restarted, unfortunately it suddenly has a problem connecting to the mosquitto broker, it used to work before without problems.

Error received :

2016-06-24 15:29:26.736 [ERROR] [.io.transport.mqtt.MqttService] - Error starting broker connection org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.MqttException: Unexpected error at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ExceptionHelper.createMqttException(ExceptionHelper.java:27) ~[na:na] at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.wire.MqttWireMessage.createWireMessage(MqttWireMessage.java:228) ~[na:na] at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.wire.MqttWireMessage.createWireMessage(MqttWireMessage.java:158) ~[na:na] at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ClientState.restoreMessage(ClientState.java:194) ~[na:na] at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ClientState.restoreState(ClientState.java:295) ~[na:na] at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ClientState.<init>(ClientState.java:149) ~[na:na] at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ClientComms.<init>(ClientComms.java:79) ~[na:na] at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.MqttAsyncClient.<init>(MqttAsyncClient.java:274) ~[na:na] at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.MqttClient.<init>(MqttClient.java:222) ~[na:na] at org.openhab.io.transport.mqtt.internal.MqttBrokerConnection.openConnection(MqttBrokerConnection.java:297) ~[na:na] at org.openhab.io.transport.mqtt.internal.MqttBrokerConnection.start(MqttBrokerConnection.java:115) ~[na:na] at org.openhab.io.transport.mqtt.MqttService.updated(MqttService.java:112) ~[na:na] at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.cm.ManagedServiceTracker$1.run(ManagedServiceTracker.java:183) [org.eclipse.equinox.cm_1.0.400.v20120522-1841.jar:na] at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.cm.SerializedTaskQueue$1.run(SerializedTaskQueue.java:36) [org.eclipse.equinox.cm_1.0.400.v20120522-1841.jar:na]

All seem to work ok, mosquitto server is running, I can see subscribers publishing data using the mosquitto_sub command. Also used mqtt-spy to proof that mosquitto server is running, so it looks like an openhab issue but don’t know where to look for.

Any idea of what could be wrong ?
System was running ok before power outtage …

I’m using windows 10 and openhab 1.8.0.

-ben

Solved the problem:
The mqtt configuration in openhab.cfg was set to mqtt:mybroker.url=tcp://localhost:1883
Somehow it doesn’t recognize localhost anymore, changed it to the IP address of the mqtt server (same PC) and it was back working again.
Strangely enough commenting out the localhost line in c:?windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts did not solve it, perhaps a windows 10 issue…

-ben