MQTT Color Channel Not Supported

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4
    • Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.43+88-CA (build 11.0.9+11-LTS)
    • openHAB version: 3.0.1

After running a series of updates (none related to openHAB as far as I’m aware) and rebooting, my previously working and stable MQTT configuration now no longer works and spits out an error stating that my color-type channels are “not supported”.

Things file:

Bridge mqtt:broker:mosquitto [ host="localhost", secure=false, clientid="openHAB_text", reconnectTime=300000 ]
{
  Thing topic cornerlamp {
  Channels:
      Type color : top "Top Color"   [ commandTopic="ha/cornerlamp/top/state", color_mode="hsb" ]
      Type color : bottom "Bottom Color"   [ commandTopic="ha/cornerlamp/bottom/state", color_mode="hsb" ]
      Type number : top_t "Top Temperature"   [ commandTopic="ha/cornerlamp/top/colortemp" ]
      Type number : bottom_t "Bottom Temperature"   [ commandTopic="ha/cornerlamp/bottom/colortemp" ]
      Type number : top_b "Top Brightness"   [ commandTopic="ha/cornerlamp/top/brightness" ]
      Type number : bottom_b "Bottom Brightness"   [ commandTopic="ha/cornerlamp/bottom/brightness" ]

}
}

Error messages (openhab.log):

2021-03-15 07:14:59.667 [WARN ] [qtt.generic.AbstractMQTTThingHandler] - Channel mqtt:topic:mosquitto:cornerlamp:top not supported!
2021-03-15 07:14:59.691 [WARN ] [qtt.generic.AbstractMQTTThingHandler] - Channel mqtt:topic:mosquitto:cornerlamp:bottom not supported!

In the Web UI, it shows the Thing as not being loaded correctly:

As I said, this configuration was working and stable for months and just now stopped working. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Is your Bridge/Broker Thing to Mosquitto still connected, or is the problem only with this single device Thing?

The broker is still running correctly, and the bridge in openHAB seems to be as well, since I have a number of other things (left out of the above post for simplicity) which are also working properly.

See

Try
color_mode="HSB"

1 Like

That seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks a lot!

1 Like