MQTT config with auto discovery

I always configured my MQTT things & items via textual config, but with openHAB3 in mind, I wanted to test more config via GUI (in openHAB3).
On my Blitzwolf powersocket (flashed with Tasmota) I enabled the homeassistant option (Setoption19). The device is immediately recognized and appears in my inbox. I add it as a Thing. I select an equipement (room) in the Model window and choose Create Equipment from a Thing. In the next window I see all my available channels:

I configure one of the channels (to power on/off):

I can now change the state of the power socket via openHAB, but when I change it on the device itselves (hardware button of webgui), the state doesn’t change in openHAB. I can’t find any option to add a ‘MQTT State Topic’ when using the HomeAssistant MQTT Component

That looks like there is either a bug in the binding or a bug in the device. My understanding is it should recognize and subscribe to the state channel as well.

I’ve tested it with another device (same type), but with an older Tasmota version, same issue. Will check tomorrow with a Sonoff Basic.

Check your logs for messages, I found the binding would not work fully unless a certain transform was installed that the binding requires. After doing this the state updated perfectly with Tasmota devices.

The Jinja transformation is indeed the issue, but after installing and restarting openHAB, i keep getting the message

2020-12-12 12:17:23.606 [WARN ] [t.generic.ChannelStateTransformation] - Transformation service JINJA for pattern {{value_json.POWER}} not found!
2020-12-12 12:19:25.258 [WARN ] [t.generic.ChannelStateTransformation] - Transformation service JINJA for pattern {{value_json['ENERGY']['ReactivePower']}} not found!
2020-12-12 12:19:25.258 [WARN ] [t.generic.ChannelStateTransformation] - Transformation service JINJA for pattern {{value_json['ENERGY']['TotalStartTime']}} not found!
2020-12-12 12:19:25.258 [WARN ] [t.generic.ChannelStateTransformation] - Transformation service JINJA for pattern {{value_json['ENERGY']['ApparentPower']}} not found!
2020-12-12 12:19:25.260 [WARN ] [t.generic.ChannelStateTransformation] - Transformation service JINJA for pattern {{value_json['ENERGY']['Yesterday']}} not found!

I’ll check if it’s working on v2.5.10

remove the thing and re-add now you have the transform installed.

Still the same…
Tried exaclty the same in v2.5.10, here it’s working fine.
I’ll try to remove all things and items again and retry in v3, maybe even with a clean install.

But I think I will continue using is as before, as I don’t see the benefit of the discovery.

edit: solved by reinstalling… Maybe I screwed up some stuff when testing.