mqtt.generic.ChannelState

Hi,
For some reason I could not pinpoint where and how to resolve this issue I’m getting from the MQTT binding.

2021-12-04 22:25:20.437 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Command ’ OFF ’ not supported by type ‘OnOffValue’: No enum constant org.openhab.core.library.types.OnOffType. OFF

2021-12-04 22:25:20.442 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Command ’ OFF ’ not supported by type ‘OnOffValue’: No enum constant org.openhab.core.library.types.OnOffType. OFF

2021-12-04 22:25:20.448 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Command ’ OFF ’ not supported by type ‘OnOffValue’: No enum constant org.openhab.core.library.types.OnOffType. OFF

2021-12-04 22:25:20.449 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Command ’ OFF ’ not supported by type ‘OnOffValue’: No enum constant org.openhab.core.library.types.OnOffType. OFF

2021-12-04 22:25:20.458 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Command ’ OFF ’ not supported by type ‘OnOffValue’: No enum constant org.openhab.core.library.types.OnOffType. OFF

2021-12-04 22:25:20.458 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Command ’ OFF ’ not supported by type ‘OnOffValue’: No enum constant org.openhab.core.library.types.OnOffType. OFF

The thing that I noticed is the spaces in between the ’ OFF ’ command. And this warning log only shows up after ring-mqtt items were recently added.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Look into your defined channels. In one of your channels must be a manually defined ‘On’ and ‘Off’ value.

That’s unlikely to be derived from a raw MQTT message payload, so an additional clue is to look for state transformations you have set up that might yield that string.

UPDATE: Still can’t figure out where and how to resolve this mqtt warning logs but then I stumble on a post here regarding Ring doorbell for which the original poster encounter the same warning logs I was getting.

One commenter suggested to manually create the THINGS. When adding the CHANNELS of the devices, use the configuration properties from the AUTO-DISCOVERED ring devices like the locationID and deviceID. For example mine looks like this
ring/a798baXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXc22a9/alarm/54eXXXXXXd3b/battery/state

Once you have finished recreating the things, channel, linked the items and confirmed it is working you can now delete the AUTO-DISCOVERED ring things and check your log if the warning log is gone.

Thanks.