[SOLVED] MQTT not working after changing the broker ip

I have installed mqtt binding as well as edited the config file. My mqtt subscription was working until I changed the mqtt ip adrdess… Not sure what the error is
My items file s this.

Number home_temp "Living Room [%.1f °C]" <temperature> {mqtt="<[mosquitto:application/2/node/00000000000000/rx:state:JSONPATH($.object.adc)]"}

the url to the mqtt broker is this, earlier with another url it used to work but right now I need to get data from this broker ip.

mqtt:mosquitto.url=tcp://192.168.100.9:1883

The error logs

2018-08-21 16:37:42.707 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.configadmin        ] - Cannot use configuration org.openhab.mqtt for [org.openhab.core.scriptengine.action.ActionService, org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, id=312, bundle=207/mvn:org.openhab.action/org.openhab.action.mqtt/1.10.0]: No visibility to configuration bound to mvn:org.openhab.io/org.openhab.io.transport.mqtt/1.10.0

A first start to solve the problem:

1 Like

I edited the mqtt.config file and deleted the mqtt config file from user data folder, although the initial error is not there, I am still facing some issues, and mqtt is not subscribing

2018-08-23 12:01:43.450 [WARN ] [g.dispatch.internal.ConfigDispatcher] - The file C:\openHAB2\conf\services\mqtt.cfg subsequently defines the exclusive PID 'org.openhab.mqtt'.

2018-08-23 12:01:48.042 [INFO ] [penhab.io.transport.mqtt.MqttService] - MQTT Service initialization completed.
2018-08-23 12:01:48.043 [INFO ] [t.mqtt.internal.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection 'mosquitto'

2018-08-23 12:02:30.110 [ERROR] [penhab.io.transport.mqtt.MqttService] - Error starting broker connection
org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.MqttException: Unable to connect to server
	at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.TCPNetworkModule.start(TCPNetworkModule.java:79) [214:org.openhab.io.transport.mqtt:1.11.0]
	at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ClientComms$ConnectBG.run(ClientComms.java:650) [214:org.openhab.io.transport.mqtt:1.11.0]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
	at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.waitForConnect(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.TCPNetworkModule.start(TCPNetworkModule.java:70) ~[?:?]
	... 2 more

Then it is time to follow the “Getting Started” tutorial:

It works fine now … Thank you