MQTT : Permission denied on installation

I am using the online version of openHAB2 with the latest update (as of last night), running on Ubuntu 16.04.

(BTW; I see people on the forum are referring to this and that version, but I have never figured out how to determine what version I have installed. Anyone?)

Back on topic…

I am also running the MQTT 1.9.0 binding.

Every time I upgrade openHAB and have to re-install the bindings (through the addons.cfg file) I notice the following in the log file:

2016-11-25 18:42:52.360 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-mqtt': Permission denied

As far as I can tell, however, the binding is correctly installed and started, as indicated by these lines in the log (following directly after the error message above):

2016-11-25 18:42:57.398 [INFO ] [penhab.io.transport.mqtt.MqttService] - MQTT Service initialization completed.
2016-11-25 18:42:57.399 [INFO ] [t.mqtt.internal.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection 'mosquitto'

I anyone else seeing this?

Open file /userdata/etc/branding.properties in a text editor, in line 10 you will find the version number.

But that file location will change in the future: Update branding.properties on distro upgrade · Issue #331 · openhab/openhab-distro · GitHub

Yes, sometimes with the MQTT binding, sometimes with other bindings, every time with my.openhab binding. I just ignore that … :sunglasses: