MQTT V1 on 2.5.12

Quick Q - I upgraded from 2.5.11 to 2.5.12 a couple of days ago and it got complicated due to the bintray shutdown and had to download the openHAB2-addons.kar and set remote = false in my addons.cfg.

Everything except MQTT1 works once I did this.
However I’m still using MQTT1 exclusively and I have some reasonably complex transforms of MQTT data in my Items files which I think will be messy to replicate. So moving off V1 will be a fair bit of work.

I’ve ended up reverting to my backup (2.5.11) because I couldn’t see how to get MQTT1.x working and needed a working system :slight_smile:

My 2 Qs
Is it possible to get MQTTV1 functioning on 2.5.12?
Do I have to upgrade to MQTT2 before moving to OH3?

Thanks

Ian

I’d think that’s still supposed to work on 2.5.12, but if I was to guess no dev paid special attention to test (and won’t be happy to do that again now) as MQTTv1 is ancient and you should move to MQTTv2 asap anyway.
Dunno if the remote openHAB binding is available in 2.5.11 (or if that requires 2.5.12) but if so you can start migrating today and keep your 2.X MQTTv1 items on a 2.5.11 instance.

Agreed on the “maturity” of MQTTv1 and no expectation that anyone will actively test/support it.

I need to work out what’s the best way (least pain and work) to get from where I am now (2.5.11 w MQTT1) to OH3.

My options are limited because as of now, I can’t enable MQTTv2 because it no longer downloads giving this error repeatedly:

2021-07-13 16:53:37.055 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] - Adding features: openhab-binding-mqtt/[2.5.11,2.5.11]
2021-07-13 16:53:37.165 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-mqtt': Error:
        Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.binding.network/[2.5.0,2.6)

I think I need to download the openhab-addons-2.5.11.kar file, but I cant find it online. The artfactory only has 2.5.12 and later.

There is a separate ‘legacy’ kar file for v1 addons that will need to download.

Thanks rossko
Where can I find the legacy kar file?
and maybe the openhab-addons-2.5.11.kar file?

Thanks

Dunno, I raised an issue about missing from docs

I don’t think you’ll find anything pre 2.5.12 anymore.

Look for older versions of the openhab-addons package (apt cache madison openhab-addons, apt-get install openhab=…).

Sorry - Still struggling to find a copy of the addons-legacy.kar file.
The guidance from Markus above only finds V3 files.
Can anyone point me towards a copy of the V1 addons which will work with 2.5.12?

Thanks

Ian

See downloads button
https://search.maven.org/artifact/org.openhab.distro/openhab-addons-legacy/2.5.12/kar

Got it. Thanks Ross :slight_smile:

exchange pkg name openhab for openhab2