Mqttany + mcp23017

Hmm, an interesting proposal… I don’t like the amount of throughput required on the I2C bus to do interrupt polling, but I suppose setting an upper limit to how fast the polling is done would alleviate that.

Perhaps a different option could be added to specify an interrupt polling interval and it could be constrain to a min/max value. This would allow normal polling and interrupt polling to be used together.

And a setting to specify an interrupt pin for event based interrupts would complete it. Both the polling and event interrupts could use the same code to read and check the INTF register and publish changed states.

I like it!

That sounds like a plan! :slight_smile: will be waiting for the update :slight_smile:

I see that you made progress about interrupts Add MCP230xx Interrupt Support by CrazyIvan359 · Pull Request #130 · CrazyIvan359/mqttany · GitHub but I can not find any desctription how to use it.

Sorry @greg161 I’m not on here much any more, only just seeing your message.

I haven’t actually made a new release since before I added that feature so the documentation pages don’t show anything. The documentation does exist though, there is a branch waiting to be merged. You can view the relevant page here