Multi Zone Home Alarm Script for openHAB

Thanks a ton for that. Really great. I hope it gets merged in the coming 2.5 release or maybe in the coming milestone. Fingers crossed.

Thanks I would do that today.

1 Like

Actually, I see that the part of the documentation that describes the configuration is missing. I’ve created a github issue on the topic. The old wiki documentation of ideAlarm that describes the configuration has not yet been migrated to the new documentation.

2 Likes

Excited about getting ideAlarm going - I think I am almost there, but using the Sitemap via the OpenHab iPhone app, the system won’t go to Arm status when I toggle one of the two arming modes.
I’ve checked and rechecked correct object locations, persistence, map files, parsed configuration.py through python buddy, etc.
The items report via the App sitemap:
Z1 open sections 1
Z1 Arming Mode: Disarmed
Z1 Status: Normal

in my logs the most suspicious thing I see is:
2020-02-17 09:38:04.983 [INFO ] [me.core.service.AbstractWatchService] - Loading script ‘python/community/idealarm/idealarm.py’

2020-02-17 09:38:04.987 [DEBUG] [ipt.internal.ScriptEngineManagerImpl] - Added ScriptEngine for language ‘py’ with identifier: file:/etc/openhab2/automation/jsr223/python/community/idealarm/idealarm.py

2020-02-17 09:38:11.042 [ERROR] [ipt.internal.ScriptEngineManagerImpl] - Error during evaluation of script ‘file:/etc/openhab2/automation/jsr223/python/community/idealarm/idealarm.py’: ImportError: No module named idealarm in at line number 2

Sounds like the files are not copied to the right directories. What do you see returned from

tree ${OPENHAB_CONF}/automation/lib/python/community/idealarm

BTW, if you were to use the beta Jython bundle, this library would be installed for you. Core and community helper libraries are included in the bundle.

1 Like

I get this:
/etc/openhab2/automation/lib/python/community/idealarm

└── init.py

OK
 so the file is in the right place, but the account that runs OH can’t see the file. Check the permissions?

ls -al ${OPENHAB_CONF}/automation/lib/python/community/idealarm

drwxrwxr-x 2 openhab openhab 4096 Feb 17 10:44 .

drwxrwxr-x 3 openhab openhab 4096 Feb 17 10:38 

-rw-rw-r-- 1 openhab openhab 27061 Feb 12 10:17 init.py

OK
 the account has permissions to it. Do you have any other scripts that use the helper libraries and are they working properly? The last thing I can think of is to check sys.path. Put this into a test script

from core.log import logging, LOG_PREFIX#, log_traceback
LOG = logging.getLogger("{}.TEST".format(LOG_PREFIX))

import sys
if hasattr(sys.version_info, "major"):
    LOG.warn("Jython version [{}.{}.{}.{}]".format(sys.version_info.major, sys.version_info.minor, sys.version_info.micro, sys.version_info.releaselevel))
LOG.warn("Jython version [{}]\n".format(sys.version))
LOG.warn("sys.path [{}]".format(sys.path))

One other thought
 do you have a community package? What’s in

ls -al ${OPENHAB_CONF}/automation/lib/python/community

(should be an empty __init__.py)

Just did a chmod to 777 and that seemed to do it, watching the rules fire now, sitemap disappeared in meantime - Thanks for your help! I think I am almost there !!

1 Like

Oh and regarding the community package - I DID have that missing earlier, but repaired it - good idea

1 Like

And - YES - it works nicely!!!