Multiple errors after installing json transformation

openhabian running openHAB 3.2.0 Build #2469 on a Pi4 4GB with a 32GB SD Card

I just installed the JSON Transformation addon and the system generated hundreds of errors for my jython scripts.

one example:

@rule("Piano Room Override", description="Piano Room Override")
@when("Item PianoRoom_Override changed to ON")
def rPianoRoom_Override(event):

Error generated (Line 53 is the @rule line)

2021-09-11 09:27:52.952 [WARN ] [jsr223.jython.core.triggers         ] - Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/etc/openhab/automation/lib/python/core/triggers.py", line 355, in when
    elif target_type == "Item" and trigger_target not in ["added", "removed", "updated"] and new_state is not None and (trigger_type == "changed" or trigger_type == "received update") and TypeParser.parseState(itemRegistry.getItem(trigger_target).acceptedDataTypes, new_state) is None:
ClassCastException: java.lang.ClassCastException: class org.openhab.core.library.types.OnOffType cannot be cast to class org.openhab.core.types.State (org.openhab.core.library.types.OnOffType is in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @fb3227; org.openhab.core.types.State is in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @acd5bd)
2021-09-11 09:27:52.953 [ERROR] [ipt.internal.ScriptEngineManagerImpl] - Error during evaluation of script 'file:/etc/openhab/automation/jsr223/python/personal/PianoRoom.py': TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable in /etc/openhab/automation/jsr223/python/personal/PianoRoom.py at line number 53

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

I noticed there was two JSON transformations, JSONPath Transformation 3.2.0.SNAPSHOT and JSONPath Transformation 3.2.0.M2 … it was attempting to install both … the SNapshot was the one that confirmed is installed.

I assume (hopefully) I can simply Uninstall it and things will return to normal. Haven’t attempted that yet.

Well, after uninstalling the JSONPath Transformation, the system still generated many script errors. I stopped and then rebooted openhabian, now it appears to be coming back normally (i.e. no more scripting errors)

I assume this is a issue with unfinished openHAB 3.2.0 Build #2469 … not sure if I should file a bug. (comes with the territory of using an alpha branch) :slight_smile: