Mvn install - missing osgi.service?

I’ve been compiling the sony binding for awhile now using the mvn install approach (still waiting for things to settle down enough to try to update it to bnd). Up front - I know very little about maven so this may be a ‘duh’ question…

Two weeks ago - it ran just fine. However, I just tried it today and get the following message. I don’t think this was due to my code - but wanting someone point me out in the direction that I can start looking at…

[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:
[ERROR]   Software being installed: org.openhab.binding.sony 2.5.0.qualifier
[ERROR]   Missing requirement: org.openhab.core 2.5.0.201905080301 requires 'osgi.service; (objectClass=org.osgi.service.event.EventAdmin)' but it could not be found
[ERROR]   Cannot satisfy dependency: org.openhab.binding.sony 2.5.0.qualifier depends on: java.package; org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common 0.0.0

edit: I did do a clean beforehand as well - didn’t help

That was expected to happen :confused:

openHAB core recently changed how it bundles itself to accommodate the fact that all repositories have been migrated to bnd now.

The old buildsystem will not work anymore without manual intervention. In this case you would need to add org.eclipse.equinox.event as dependency to your sony pom.xml file, I guess.

@David_Graeff

Thanks - not to sound dense but is there an example I can follow to do that with?

Tim

@David_Graeff
I’ve googled and tried a number of things but nothing works. If I go ahead and try to convert it all to bnd - the resulting jar file should still work for 2.4 distributions right (or is the bnd for >= 2.5)?

Thanks,
Tim

Not sure. Usually newer dependencies are required, for example a newer gson version is required for bindings that use json and are build for OH 2.5.

@David_Graeff
Darn - thanks though. Since eclipse is still building fine, I’ll probably (for now) just keep compiling with it and building the addon manually then.