My first Door Sensor

Guys,

I am having the sam problem: I have a pst02-A sensor. I can get the temperature, illuminance and battery life without a problem. But no motion and no contact. I have tried numerous things, with and without .map files. Same thing, no luck. Any pointer you can share? In the event.log the same thing happens. Nothing about motion and contact.

Number Door_Temperature “Temperature [%.1f C]” { zwave=“2:command=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL,sensor_type=1” }
Number Door_Illuminance “Illuminance [%.0f Lux]” (Door) { zwave=“2:command=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL,sensor_type=3” }
Contact Door_Motion “Motion [MAP(motion.map):%s]” (Door) { zwave=“2:command=SENSOR_BINARY,sensor_type=12,respond_to_basic=true” }
Contact Door_Contact “Contact [MAP(en.map):%s]” (Door) { zwave=“2:command=SENSOR_BINARY,sensor_type=10,respond_to_basic=true” }
Number Door_Battery “Battery [%s %%]” (Door) { zwave=“2:command=BATTERY” }

The openhab.log has this info::
2015-10-02 01:33:17.465 [WARN ] [.z.internal.ZWaveActiveBinding] - NODE 2: No item bound for event, endpoint = 1, command class = BATTERY, value = 100, ignoring.
2015-10-02 01:33:17.466 [WARN ] [.z.internal.ZWaveActiveBinding] - NODE 2: No item bound for event, endpoint = 1, command class = ALARM, value = 0, ignoring.
2015-10-02 01:33:17.467 [WARN ] [.z.internal.ZWaveActiveBinding] - NODE 2: No item bound for event, endpoint = 1, command class = SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, value = 9, ignoring.
2015-10-02 01:33:17.468 [WARN ] [.z.internal.ZWaveActiveBinding] - NODE 2: No item bound for event, endpoint = 1, command class = SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, value = 76, ignoring.
2015-10-02 01:33:32.365 [WARN ] [.z.internal.ZWaveActiveBinding] - NODE 2: No item bound for event, endpoint = 1, command class = BATTERY, value = 100, ignoring.

ok, I got it. Figured out the config parameters were not set correctly. It works now.

Hi,
I also do not receive updates from the PST02A :it shows temperature and lux correctly and the status of the door sensor but it doesn’t update the status of the door when I open or close it.

What is the parameter you have changed ?

many thanks

Hi @tomekz28, can you tell what you did to get the PST-02A working?

Thanks

Federico, I will get back to you in a few days, providing you with config
settings. I do not have access to the system right now.

Best regards,

• Tom

Thanks

Ok, I figured it out. This is for PST-02A (aka Zipato Multisensor Quad PH-PSM02.EU)
In order to get motion and door reports bit 4 of parameter 7 needs to be set to 1 (“Using sensor binary report”)
By default parameter 7 has bit 2 set (“PIR super sensitivity mode”) so setting bit 4 is like this:

Bit:    7   6   5   4   3   2   1   0
        0   0   0   1   0   1   0   0  
Value 128  64  32  16   8   4   2   1
-------------------------------------
        0 + 0 + 0 + 16 + 0 + 4 + 0 + 0 = 20

However, I also wanted to receive an OFF event when the PIR was no longer detecting motion (can also be done programmatically in OpenHab and probably save battery life)
So I also set bit 1 in parameter 7, giving me a value of ‘22’

I also set the temperature scale to Celsius (bit 3 of parameter 5 set) so parameter 5 has a value of ‘8’)

I have increased the PIR sensitivity to 90 but I find it to miss on motion detection sometimes (anyone else with this problem?).
The thermometer seems to be awfully inaccurate, reporting over four degrees above the real temperature.

These are the items that work with the setup described above:

Number  Temp "Temp. [%.1f C]"        {zwave="12:0:command=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL,sensor_type=1"}
Number  Lux "Light [%.0f Lux]"    {zwave="12:0:command=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL,sensor_type=3"}
Contact Motion      "Motion [%s]" {zwave="12:0:command=SENSOR_BINARY,sensor_type=12,respond_to_basic=true"}
Contact Door     "Door state [%s]" {zwave="12:0:command=SENSOR_BINARY,sensor_type=10,respond_to_basic=true"}
Number  Battery    "Battery [%s %%]"             {zwave="12:0:command=BATTERY"}

These are the settings I used, in the attached screenshot.

In addition, I used the following settings in the *.items file:

Contact Multisensor_Tamper “Multisensor Tamper [%s]” (Door)
{ zwave=“6:command=SENSOR_BINARY,sensor_type=12,respond_to_basic=true” }

1 Like

Guys, is it possible to get the Lux value at a specific time point as this Philio posts sensor values when the window/door opens/closes only. Is there any kind of setting like e.g. “send sensor data when Lux > 50”

Thanks!

no idea? how to obtain sensor values when device is “sleeping”?

Thx!

Normally a sensor is configured to send data periodically, or when something changes, so it depends on the sensor. You should consult the manual to see how to configure the parameters. You will likely need to set an association group with the controller so that the controller becomes the destination for the reports, but the reporting interval etc will be down to device configuration.

1 Like

Philio Reports brightness and temperature every time there is movement or door change.
Also you can enable cyclic reports. It is obviously shown in the screenshot from tomekz28.

1 Like

Thanks for your hints, guys, but it seems I can´t use this feature, as one “tick” equals 30 minutes.
I would like to get the illumination values at a certain time point to either enable lights in the floor or disable them.
Is there a way to get them manually or by a request?

Ok, just realized that the tick size of 30 can be amended. This might help, but I´m still interested in getting values manually or the sensor itself should send a signal if a certain value has been reached.

Not really. A battery device sleeps most of the time, so you can’t talk to it when it’s asleep. You could set the wakeup really small, and then this would work, but your battery would be dead very quickly.

1 Like

Hi, I have encountered a problem and hope you can help me. Thank you very much!
I also used Aeon Labs z-stick gen5 z-wave controller and a door sensor. In terminal I can see Node 2 sensor reporting 0 or 255 ad the door sensor is tripped. But in the demo site I see “Front Door” don’t indicate if the door is open or closed. Below is Dwhat I put in demo.items:

Contact Door "Front Door [%s]" (FF_office) {zwave="2:command=sensor_binary,sensor_type=10,respond_to_basic=true"}

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Shihao

You will probably have to use a Number item instead of a Contact for that device. Clearly the Contact Item doesn’t know how to convert 255 to OPEN.

I tried and failed. Do you think it’s my sensor’s problem?

Hi, finally after struggling for hours I solved it! Just remove sensor_type parameter. I don’t know why. Maybe caused by my sensor! Thank you again!

No - a contact should work.

Please provide a debug log showing what is actually being received and logged.