My new Smart Home Automation System with OpenHab2 - Work in progress -> Migrating to OpenHAB3 -> Migrating to OpenHAB 4

#OPENHAB3
In this second and last part, after configuring the #items to store the last update #timestamp by applying the concept of #Openhab “Profile”, we verify writing on #InfluxDB, configured with a single target table, using custom #metadata.
As the last step we add these item to #semantic #model to make them visible in the #Mainui, the OpenHAB graphical interface self-generated according to the semantic modeling. All running on our faithful friend #raspberrypi 4

#OPENHAB3
I have finally completed the migration of the 6 basic #sonoff present in my system and in this video I present a small summary.
I then created my first #rule in the new #OpenHAB 3 for the automatic switching of night lights: temporary time-based rule waiting to fix the photoresistor sensor.

#OPENHAB3
After the migration step of the #sonoff basic, I take this opportunity to replicate the #network control system that I currently use in #OpenHAB 2.
Using the #network #binding, I create a system for verifying the presence of devices in the local network, creating a non-semantic “group” item that will facilitate the management of alarm #notifications.
In this first part we create #thing, #equipment and #points for the sonoff basic 01 network control.
We also use the #semantic #model to insert the newly created objects into our self-generated #mainui.

#OPENHAB3
We continue the configuration of our network control system in #OpenHAB 3 and in this second video we are going to setup #influxdb for storing data using the usual custom #metadata method, #retention policies and continuous queries.
Let’s also configure the logic for sending #persistence data from OpenHAB to Influxdb using the influxdb.persist configuration file to define data update policies based also on the time and not only on the updating of the data itself.
We then use a #grafana #dashboard to verify our configuration.

#OPENHAB3
We are going to verify, using #dashboards on #grafana, the writing of the data of the #network items on #influxdb, also verifying the different #retention policies and therefore the correct application of the continuous queries.
Then we go to write the #rule for checking the presence of devices on the network that sends a #notification when some device changes status (offline, online)

#OPENHAB3
Now it’s time for my #sonoff 4ch, flashed with #tasmota firmware. Let’s setup them in the semantic model of #openhab using textual definition, a simpler and faster way to setup multiple similar devices.

#OPENHAB3
We continue the migration of #sonoff 4ch by configuring the switches for the lights and the #temperature and #humidity sensors always using the text mode to make operations faster.
In this particular case, in addition to creating #equipment and as in the previous video, we will use the #yaml syntax to create the #MQTT channels through lines of text.

#OPENHAB3

How to read #wifi information (ssid and signal strength) from #sonoff using #tasmota and #mqtt.

Obviously all stuff integrated in #openhab 3 running on a #raspberrypi 4

#OPENHAB3
In this second part we are going to configure the usual metadata for #influxdb on the wifi info related items of #Sonoff devices flashed with #Tasmota.
Furthermore, we will create new non-semantic logical #groups to group the items just created and have an aggregate value, based on the states of all the devices.
Obviously all stuff integrated in #openhab 3 running on a #raspberrypi 4

#OPENHAB3

In this short video, I’m going to #update, on my #raspberrypi 4, my version of #OpenHAB to 3.1 Stable Release, recently released.

Currently my version of OpenHAB is 3.1 M4, because I am hooked to the Milestone branch and therefore I receive the updates of the Milestone releases before they become Stable.

#OPENHAB3
#Functional #Model in #OpenHAB 3.
A #modeling logic for my home automation system devices made using standard #group and subgroups, similar to what I did with the old OpenHAB 2.
This will help me to obtain aggregate information and to be able to carry out operations on multiple items at the same time, such as turning on the lights or checking the average temperature of a floor / area of the house.

#OPENHAB3

An easy way to select #items that must be made #persistent on #InfluxDB using #groups

#OPENHAB3

#RGB #xiaomi #yeelight bulb integration on #openhab 3, using the official Xiaomi MI IO #binding. In this first part we create #things, #equipment and #points to update the #semantic #model with the new #bulb

#OPENHAB3

In this second part I will show you a summary of my 3 #RGB #Xiaomi #Yeelight lamps and then I will check #InfluxDB data using #Grafana and its dashboards

#OPENHAB3

In this third and last part I will setup the hidden channels of #Xiaomi #binding to get #wifi info of my #Yeelight #RGB Lamp and send them to #openhab.
I will also apply a rule to convert the #RSSI data from Db to percentage

#OPENHAB3

Let’s continue to talk about #Xiaomi integration, but this time we are not dealing with bulbs but with the fantastic (at least for me) Xiaomi Mi #Vacuum v.1 #robot vacuum #cleaner.
Let’s discover and integrate some of its channels in #OpenHAB, through Xiaomi MI IO #Binding. In this first part we mainly talk about the channels related to values reading, to view the status of the robot, its battery, the status of its consumable components and more.
All informations that are obviously present in the native Xiaomi Mi Home app.
#smarthome #homeautomation #homeautomationsystem #domotic #raspberry #raspberrypi4

#OPENHAB3

In this second part relating to the integration of the #Xiaomi #Mi #robot #vacuum cleaner, we are going to complete the configuration of the points already created in the previous video by going to configure the metadata for #Influxdb.

We will then see live the operation of the robot in response to the commands sent directly by #OpenHAB.

We conclude with a presentation of the complete configuration of all points in the #MainUI

#OPENHAB3

In this new video we are going to configure an #ESP8266 board with an #MQ-4 GAS sensor. On this board I load a custom #firmware written by me using platformio and visual studio code.

All the source code of this and any other firmware written by me is available on my new #Github Domoticsduino account https://www.github.com/domoticsduino

#OPENHAB3
In this second part let’s see the integration of #ESP8266 with MQ4 gas #sensor in #OpenHAB 3

#OPENHAB3
In this video we are going to see how to manage a #light #sensor and an external #temperature sensor #DS18B20 connected to an #ESP8266 board with #TASMOTA firmware.
All obviously integrated into #OpenHAB 3 via #MQTT protocol.