My new Smart Home Automation System with OpenHab2 - Work in progress -> Migrating to OpenHAB3 -> Migrating to OpenHAB 4

#OPENHAB3 #tasmota

In this last part of video related to #light #sensor, let’s see how to implement #rules to switch on and off night light.
At the end we’ll see #Grafana charts related to light sensor data and night light switch.

#OPENHAB3

In this video we are going to see how I configured an #ESP8266 board to transform it into a #Wifi #Repeater / #Router in order to allow some wifi devices in the garden, far from home routers, to connect to the network.
Thanks to a custom #firmware written by martin-ger the ESP8266 is able to connect two wifi networks, one of which is generated by the ESP8266 itself.

#OPENHAB3

Integration of #GoogleAssistant / #GoogleHome in #OPENHAB 3, using points metadata. Send commands to openhab devices with google home app and #voice commands, also remotely

#OPENHAB3

Integration of #amazon #alexa in #OPENHAB 3, using points metadata. Send commands to openhab devices with amazon alexa app on smartphone or using #voice commands to echo dot devices, also remotely

#OPENHAB3

After the integration of a power button for a lamp, let’s see the integration in #OpenHAB 3 of temperature and humidity sensors on #Amazon #Alexa / #Echo Dot

#OPENHAB3

In this video we see how to configure #Google #Home as the main of OpenHAB, using it to play sounds when particular events fire, using the #rules.
This can also be a lot of fun, especially in creating nice situations at home

#OPENHAB3

In this video we will build a #GAS detection #alarm #system, using items and #rules on OpenHAB 3.
We will use items to make some alarm settings configurable, such as activation, limit value and more.
In this way we will be able to configure the alarm without edit the rules, but simply using the graphical interface.
The alarm will send notifications to smartphones and play an ad hoc sound alarm at home through #GoogleHome via mp3 audio files.
In this first part we will see the initial configuration of the items on an test environment prepared for the video.
In fact, starting with this video, in some cases I will no longer use my “production” OpenHAB system but I will use a test installation performed on my PC via #Docker.

1 Like

#OPENHAB3

In questa seconda parte andiamo a vedere la scrittura delle #rules per l’implementazione del sistema di #allarme #GAS integrato con #GoogleHome.

Al termine, andremo a creare una #sitemap di esempio per fare una prova dal vivo per verificare che il nostro google home riproduca il messaggio di allarme in seguito all’evento gestito dalle rules.

#OPENHAB3

In this video I will show you how I configured OpenHAB to monitor #energy #consumption and the #photovoltaic system production.
The physical devices used are #PZEM004T for the actual measurement of consumption / production, connected via serial to #ESP8266 cards that send data to OpenHAB via #Wifi and #MQTT protocol.
In #OpenHAB I have created MQTT-type things and related equipments and points for the visualization of consumption data of the single floors of the house and of the photovoltaic production.
In addition to the individual consumptions, I created a group to automatically aggregate all consumptions in a single value and an item that provides me with the instant energy data, carrying out, through rules, the operation of subtraction between consumption and production.

#OPENHAB3

Let’s go ahead with consumption monitoring and, after configuring #things / #channels / #equipment / #point on #Openhab to collect energy data, in this video we are going to create a monitoring and notification #alarm system for instant consumption to be notified when these exceed a predetermined threshold.

As in the case of the GAS alarm, this system is made up of items and #rules and can be activated / deactivated and configured via the app. It will send #push #notifications on smartphones and also a sound notification on #googlehome.

#OPENHAB3

Let’s check the last update timestamp of data managed by #OpenHAB.
Using the concept of OpenHAB #profiles, I automatically store the last update timestamp of the various items in order to verify when each item has sent the last valid value.
Today we are going to see how to write a rule to be able to check which items didn’t send data for more than a predetermined and configurable time interval.
The #rule will be written in #Javascript and will use functions to dynamically manage the belonging of an item to a certain #group.
In this way my rule will be able to add / remove expired items in a particular group and be able to identify and see them all together through the #sitemap in a very simple way.
As in the case of the other rules related to alarms, everything will be manageable and configurable via sitemap, without having to deal with the rule code anymore.

#OPENHAB3

In this video we are going to create a new #rule to manage maintenance of the #XIAOMI #robot #vacuum #cleaner using #OpenHAB, as the native XIAOMI app does not always send me #push #notifications.
In a previous video we had already seen how to integrate the information of the XIAOMI robot into OpenHAB. Today we will use this information to create notification #rules.
As in the case of the other rules related to alarms, the enabling of the rule will be manageable through #sitemap, without having to deal with the rule code anymore.

#OPENHAB3

In this video let’s continue with the integration of the #XIAOMI MI #VACUUM #robot vacuum cleaner by adding the possibility of controlling it directly from OpenHAB, using supported #commands.
The XIAOMI binding in fact allows us to use a String channel to send command strings that allow the robot to perform actions or respond with information. This allows me to no longer have to use the XIAOMI HOME app.
As a last step, let’s write a #rule to automate daily cleaning. At the moment this rule is set on XIAOMI app but it will be removed after creation on OpenHAB. As usual we do a live test going to see how the robot controlled by OpenHAB behaves.

#OPENHAB3
In this video we see the steps I followed to make my #Christmas tree #SMART.
Recovering an old #Sonoff Dual that was unused, after updating #TASMOTA, I integrated it into #OpenHAB and used it to make the lighting of the Christmas tree SMART, both via smartphone application and via voice commands with #Alexa and #Google #Assistant.

#OPENHAB3

In this video let’s try to understand the current status of #migration and the next steps

#OPENHAB3

In this video I will show you how I set up my automatic #backup procedure for my #OpenHAB setup and for the data stored on #InfluxDB, running as a #docker container

#OPENHAB3

Let’s begin the configuration of secondary services for #OPENHAB 3, using the old #raspberry pi 3, which was left unused after the migration to the new raspberry pi 4.
Let’s start by creating a first #dashboard on #Grafana, running as a #docker #container, displaying the environment data (temperature, humidity, etc etc) read by #influxdb installed on the raspberry pi 4, again as a docker container.
In particular, let’s see how to make the most of the persistence structure of openhab by creating multi-item tables compared to the default that instead creates a table for each item.

#OPENHAB3
In this video I show the configuration of my first #dashboards on #grafana, with the data read by #InfluxDB coming from #OpenHAB 3.
Before viewing the dashboards, I updated the grafana #docker image to use the latest version available.

1 Like

#OPENHAB3

In this video I will show the solution I have adopted to manage the disconnections of my system from the #Cloud.

Using log reader and exec binding I managed to create a #rule that is invoked in case of disconnection from the Cloud; this rule does nothing more than restart the #OpenHAB service by running a #linux #shell command via exec binding

It is a raw solution to the cloud disconnection problem without a valid reason, which has occasionally happened to me.

Forum post from which I was inspired: Display Myopenhab cloud connection status

#OPENHAB3 #TASMOTA

In this video let’s see the multipress feature of Tasmota #firmware to use the physical buttons connected, in my case, to the #sonoff, obviously updated with Tasmota firmware.
In fact, Tasmota allows us to configure different actions depending on how many times a #button is pressed