My node-red + HomeKit + OpenHAB setup

Here are some of the other threads and comments that helped me get everything put together.

For anyone wanting colored homekit lights - start here. My brightness function was based on this post.

For a thermostat, see this post (copy and paste the line of code into your node-red)

For those with oscillating / multi-speed fans see this post for an example of sending speed and oscillation commands to HomeKit:

If anyone has interesting in building out a relay-based sprinkler flow, let me know. I think it would be fun to help put that code together!

Thanks everyone who’s posted things that I’ve copied and modified. There’s so much potential here. For my house we use HomeKit for everything - to the point my 4 year old controls our window, music, lights, and more with our HomePod. I need to not teach her about the sprinkler option - she’d be all over that one to go jump on the trampoline with sprinklers on!

NOTE
Many of these examples use an older version of the node-red homekit plugin which does NOT add as a bridge. Each item adds individually. I just thought it would be cool to put together a nice starting point for people wanting to do homekit+node-red.