My.openHAB connectio Failed

I’m offline java 1.8 openhab 1.8.3 why?

Same here. In my case too I don’t see any attempt being made to reach my.openhab service.

I see this tweet on myopenhab page:
Moved my.@openHAB servers to new @letsencrypt certs today and… please upgrade your openHABs to latest 1.8 Java to get it working again :frowning:

What does this mean - should we upgrade Java version. My openhab is on Raspberry pi and its on 1.8.0-b132. Do we need to move to a higher version…?

Btw my Raspi-openhab setup was running fine for few months now. This problem of unable to talk to my openhab has happened recently. On internal network, I’m able to access the service just fine.

It means you need to install the latest Oracle Java.

The problem is the my.openhab server’s encryption certificate expired and they replaced it with one from letsencrypt.com. Unfortunately letsencrypt is a relatively new service and had not been added as a trusted certificate authority until recently. Unless you know what you are doing, upgrading to the latest Oracle Java will be the easiest fix.

Ok, I actually added the letsencrypt cert using keytool, no joy. Reinstalling Oracle Java now on my Rpi. Thanks for that clarification. Will get back with my results.

I’ve already the current version of java
java version "1.8.0_65"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.65-b01, mixed mode)

what am I doing wrong yet?

Tried Java reinstall. Java (even now) is 1.8.0-b132. Still I cannot see messages that say “…Connected to my.openHAB…” This message used to appear in openhab.log with each service restart, now it just doesn’t seem to come.

Anyway to debug this? My openhab setup is pretty critical to control my home appliances and this cert change has rendered it unusable!

How do I debug and give you more info or fix it in any way?

This is not the most current version!

Newest version for Raspbian is:
java version “1.8.0_101”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)

Take a look at this thread for more hints to solve your problem:

Don’t forget to reboot!
More hints here:

Thanks @sihui

so I’ve done

su - use sudo su:
sudo su
echo “deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu xenial main” | tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webupd8team-java.list
echo “deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu xenial main” | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webupd8team-java.list
apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys EEA14886
apt-get update
apt-get install oracle-java8-installer
Exit

Java Version
java version "1.8.0_101"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)

and it is :slight_smile:

Thanks to Rich and sihui. I removed my version and got the 1.8.0_101 from Oracle site and installed and it worked! Both Android app and my.openhab site are working again!

Thanks a ton! :slight_smile:

I was on java version “1.8.0_65” and got the ‘OpenHAB Offline’ message. I ran an update similar to @sihui (many thanks for the steps) which got rid of the offline error. My java now looks like this…

pi@LeDumpier-Hub:~ $ java -version
java version "1.8.0_101"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)
pi@LeDumpier-Hub:~ $ 

Now when I try access my sitemap with ‘https://my.openhab.org/openhab.app?sitemap=LeDumpier’ I get

HTTP ERROR 404

Problem accessing /openhab.app. Reason:

Not Found

I’ve double checked my UUID, Secret and rebooted a few times.

It may be worth mentioning that my internet connection is over an Android hotspot, not sure if that has anything to do with it but here’s what I found in the log…

After typing the address for the sitemap I am presented with the authentication popup so it looks like its going to the right place.

2016-09-04 18:13:53.709 [INFO ] [o.myopenhab.internal.MyOpenHABClient] - Connected to my.openHAB service (UUID = <my correct UUID here_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, base URL = http://localhost:8080)
2016-09-04 18:14:00.008 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Set random wifi variations: An error occured during the script execution: The name 'Wifi_Level' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
2016-09-04 18:14:20.012 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Set random wifi variations: An error occured during the script execution: The name 'Wifi_Level' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
2016-09-04 18:14:40.013 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Set random wifi variations: An error occured during the script execution: The name 'Wifi_Level' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
2016-09-04 18:15:00.016 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Set random wifi variations: An error occured during the script execution: The name 'Wifi_Level' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
2016-09-04 18:15:00.023 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Set random room temperatures: An error occured during the script execution: The name '<XFeatureCallImplCustom>.members' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
2016-09-04 18:15:20.011 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Set random wifi variations: An error occured during the script execution: The name 'Wifi_Level' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
2016-09-04 18:15:33.565 [ERROR] [lipse.smarthome.io.net.http.HttpUtil] - Fatal transport error: java.nio.charset.UnsupportedCharsetException: "utf-8"
2016-09-04 18:15:40.014 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Set random wifi variations: An error occured during the script execution: The name 'Wifi_Level' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
2016-09-04 18:16:00.006 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Set random wifi variations: An error occured during the script execution: The name 'Wifi_Level' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
2016-09-04 18:16:20.010 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Set random wifi variations: An error occured during the script execution: The name 'Wifi_Level' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
2016-09-04 18:16:40.011 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Set random wifi variations: An error occured during the script execution: The name 'Wifi_Level' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
2016-09-04 18:17:00.010 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Set random wifi variations: An error occured during the script execution: The name 'Wifi_Level' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
2016-09-04 18:17:20.011 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Set random wifi variations: An error occured during the script execution: The name 'Wifi_Level' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
2016-09-04 18:17:33.607 [ERROR] [lipse.smarthome.io.net.http.HttpUtil] - Fatal transport error: java.nio.charset.UnsupportedCharsetException: "utf-8"
2016-09-04 18:17:40.009 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Set random wifi variations: An error occured during the script execution: The name 'Wifi_Level' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
2016-09-04 18:18:00.010 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Set random wifi variations: An error occured during the script execution: The name 'Wifi_Level' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
2016-09-04 18:18:20.008 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Set random wifi variations: An error occured during the script execution: The name 'Wifi_Level' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
2016-09-04 18:18:40.009 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Set random wifi variations: An error occured during the script execution: The name 'Wifi_Level' cannot be resolved to an item or type.

Same message when I try connect on my Pi, PC and Android. OH2

Can anyone help with this?

I would first look into the addons folder to check if the org.openhab.io.myopenhab-1.8.x.jar is present.

Second I would load my sitemap/rule/Items into the Designer to check if there are any typos (The name ‘Wifi_Level’ cannot be resolved to an item or type!!!)

What is your platform for these commands?
I am on RPi 3. Should I try these?

Thanks,

These commands work on any Linux platform … so yes, try it. It worked for me on RPi2 and RPi3 with raspbian installed.

This message seems to be related to a problem with the sitemap naming. You have written that you try to access the page with:

https://my.openhab.org/openhab.app?sitemap=LeDumpier

That means that your sitemap file in the sitemaps folder is named “LeDumpier.sitemap”. Is this correct? Please double check! (case sensitive!)

Furthermore the errors in the log (…Wifi_Level…) are in my opinion not related to the my.openhab problem. This is an item problem (and a rule problem, since the error message comes during a rule execution).

And also: These hints are for OH1 installation. You shortly mentioned that you use OH2. Correct? So I do not know if this helps you.

Thank you!! It works wonders.

I was adviced to use
https://my.openhab.org

It worked like a charm.

Hey,

Thanks a lot…The official mail after the certificate movement just said to upgrade Java to 1.8. They didn’t mention to upgrade it to 1.8.101. The cause was this only. I was on Java 1.8 and thought I have some other issue making my remote access offline. Then tried with manual insertion of the certificate file. Still then no luck.

Then finally after updating Java 1.8 to 1.8.101 and a reboot did the magic :slight_smile:

AWEOME Thanks - this Java update did the trick!!! Appreciate it very much!

NOTE OF CAUTION In my haste to just copy and paste I did not realize that:

1. The “echo” lines word wrapped and were one long line and not two commands

2. The “echo” line had a click count embedded in the copied text (the number in the circle after the ppa link and before “xenial”) - this copy and paste caused the initial java8 installer to fail with bad info passed into source list. I simply edited the sources list and removed the number.

Obvious mistakes but may catch some new users offguard!

Here is the same text but without the word wrap or active hyper links:

sudo su
echo "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu xenial main" | tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webupd8team-java.list
echo "deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu xenial main" | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webupd8team-java.list
apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys EEA14886
apt-get update
apt-get install oracle-java8-installer
Exit