My.openhab.org is online // iOS app doesn't show sitemap -> Solution: Java update!

Hi,

Please have a look at the NetAtmo binding instructions. You need to download the certificate and add it to the keystore again, as described there. Then restart Openhab.

Regards,

Thomas

Ha! Brilliant =) At the same time I just started using a new router behind my internet modem. I was already digging into the router’s firewall settings to see if that was the problem. A simple sudo apt-get upgrade & sudo reboot which updated java was actually all that was needed. Thanks!

Thanks for these instructions, worked for me

After searching for days, I finally found this thread which worked! I would have been able to sort out that the SSL certs from _101 would magically solve the issue and finally result in detailed Log outputs without this thread.

In my troubleshooting, I wasn’t able to see any log lines with MyOpenHABClient or anything like that, just the repetitive XHR requests to the 'my.openhab ’ url. So it was extremely vague errors that had me scratching my head.

Finally updated my Java from 1.8.0_65 (which is still the default if you use apt-get as of 08/17/2016) and used the instructions provided by sihui in the post above here. and it updated!

Finally after full reboot I saw the MyOpenHABClient log lines and was able to get my Raspberry Pi ONLINE. Thanks!

This really should be in a small write up on the my.openhab docs site where I intuitively thought would have critical info. such as this. Thanks to all!

I slightly changed the topic and added some more tags to the topic. Maybe this helps other users with similar problems to find this thread (and the solution).

1 Like

Great thread! Helped me as well. Problem solved after upgrade! Used the Java update solution!
Thanks!

Hi!

I’m running OH2 in Eclipse under Windows. August 1st myopenhab stopped working. As per the instructions above, I have upgraded Java to:

java version "1.8.0_101"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)

my.openhab.org shows online, but I’m still getting:

2016-08-25 15:34:22.036 [DEBUG] [o.i.m.internal.MyOpenHABClient:501 ] - No connection, Item update is not sent

Not sure what else to try, as the letsencrypt instructions are all UNIX based.

I haven’t tried using the 32-Bit Java Server

Has anyone gotten this working under Windows? I really need myopenhab!

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for this information.
MyOpenHab stopped on the day I went on holyday. After returning I tried (among other things) you script. I don’t understand what I am doing, but it works. I did not even need to reboot.

On my Debian Wheezy Raspberry Pi 2 I installed using the instructions provided by sihui above
(btw this website http://www.webupd8.org/2014/03/how-to-install-oracle-java-8-in-debian.html
indicated this Ubuntu instruction was good on a Debian installation)
2016-08-29 21:46:24 (583 KB/s) - `jdk-8u101-linux-arm32-vfp-hflt.tar.gz’ saved [81542641/81542641]

Download done.
Removing outdated cached downloads…
update-alternatives: using /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/bin/jjs to provide /usr/bin/jjs (jjs) in auto mode

and then
Oracle JDK 8 installed
root@robsberrypi:/usr/bin# java -version
java version "1.8.0"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-b132)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.0-b70, mixed mode)
did
update-alternatives --config java
and selected 3 from
Selection Path Priority Status

0 /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/bin/java 1058 auto mode
1 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-armhf/jre/bin/java 1057 manual mode
2 /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/bin/java 1058 manual mode

• 3 /usr/lib/jvm/jdk-8-oracle-arm-vfp-hflt/jre/bin/java 318 manual mode

and still get the same java version as before the update
java -version
java version "1.8.0"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-b132)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.0-b70, mixed mode)

And so still getting:
22:26:01.482 [DEBUG] [o.myopenhab.internal.MyOpenHABClient] - No connection, Item update is not sent

Anyone have any suggestions?

Whatever you did to update java, I think something went wrong…

When I do a java -version, I’ll get:

root@raspberrypi:/home/pi# java -version
java version "1.8.0_101"
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)

So you have 1.8.0-b132, which is different to 1.8.0_101-b13. I am not familiar with java versions, but this is clearly another version. :wink:

Furthermore your HotSpot Client VM version is different to you RE version. Doesn’t know if this matters at all, but at least it’s strange.

All people with working installations have version 101, so you should try to grab this version.

Thanks for your reply.

That was what I was trying to update to:
`jdk-8u101-linux-arm32-vfp-hflt.tar.gz’ saved

After the installation it reports the same version even after I select the new version from
update-alternatives --config java

OK - got it.
I ran that same command again and selected the 0 option and now have:
java version “1.8.0_101”
Thanks.

Awesome this is PERFECT.
All this time I thought that my Java was ok but after finally tried to upgrade to the last manually (I was thinking that apt-upgrade that…) Everything is working flawless!

And of course you point me how to automatically upgrade it for next java update!

I luv you!

For everyone who need JAVA 1.8.0 101 here is a description http://www.rpiblog.com/2014/03/installing-oracle-jdk-8-on-raspberry-pi.html
and here you get the Archiv Java version http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html#jre-8u101-oth-JPR

You need an Oracle Account to download this file. Download this one: Linux ARM 32 Hard Float ABI

Now to my problem. I have now the correct JAVA version running but my openhab is still marked as offline. One ideas what it won’t worked.
I restart openhab and the pi a many times.

Meanwhile its 1.8.0_111 :slight_smile:

Which version of openHAB? The file location for uuid and secret is different from version 1 and version 2. Double check you have the correct uuid and secret put into your my.openhab account.

For openHAB1 see
https://my.openhab.org/docs

For openHAB2 see
http://docs.openhab.org/tutorials/migration#myopenhab

I have openhab 2 running. The UUID and the secret key is correct at my my.openhab account.

What’s really confuse mit is that in the openhab.log is nothing about myopenhab or my.openhab.

Could there be a problem with the installation of the addon with paperUI?

There should be a

2016-12-11 05:00:21.373 [INFO ] [o.myopenhab.internal.MyOpenHABClient] - Connected to my.openHAB service (UUID = aaaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd-eeeeeee, base URL = http://localhost:8080)

Check under “Misc” tab if it is installed correctly

or if you want to make sure if it is really running log into your karaf console via ssh, do a bundle:list

197 | Active | 80 | 2.0.0.201612091712 | my.openHAB Service Bundle

231 | Active | 80 | 2.0.0.201612010742 | my.openHAB Service Bundle

looks ok but in the log is since the last restart nothing about my.openhab

I did a bundle:restart 231
231 was my.openhab

now i got this in the log

2016-12-11 09:41:22.051 [INFO ] [o.myopenhab.internal.MyOpenHABClient] - Shutting down my.openHAB service connection

Are you sure you are on a java version later than 101?

pi@raspberrypi3:~ $ java -version
java version "1.8.0_111"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_111-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.111-b14, mixed mode)

That’s my output.

pi@jarvis:~$ java -version
java version “1.8.0_101”