My setup is a bit hit or miss, what am I missing?

Hi all - I have been playing around with openhab and zwave sensors for a while now. I generally get the sensors to work after a while, but it isn’t completely clear to me what the optimum process should be. Example: I have a Fibaro FGK-101 sensor. I have included it into my zwave network and it shows in habmin as node 8. It has correctly retrieved some (but not all) of the configuration details from the product database. For example, it is not (yet) showing me the association group or configuration parameters branches of the tree. I have had this working previously but what exactly do I have to do? Is this related to the fact that battery devices only enter the appropriate wake-up state periodically? Will it just ‘spring into life’ on its own when the time is right? It’s not just this sensor that I have this issue with, I have experienced it with other sensors also - sometimes, it appears that if i just meddle with them for a while, they just come to life.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Tim

[quote=“TimHaydnJones, post:1, topic:4903, full:true”]
For example, it is not (yet) showing me the association group or configuration parameters branches of the tree. I have had this working previously but what exactly do I have to do?[/quote]

If you are satisfied with all those config settings you don’t have anything to do.
You should take a look at the association group, “condition” should be set to the controller, in my case this was set by default.
Also you should take a look at the wakeup interval, because this value determines how often the device sends data to the controller. And ONLY when it is awake the node can send data and turn into a green (=working) node.
BUT: if the device is properly initialized it should already show you the config parameters and association groups.

I recommend waking up the device manually by the pushbutton, you may do that a couple of times and then the device should turn green in habmin.
If you don’t do it manually you have to wait at least one or maybe serveral times for the node to wake up.

I would still like to understand what is going on here. After my last post, I did manage to get it working (but it wasn’t clear whether it just decided to play or I did something that I didn’t document. I have (today) transferred the sensor from one controller to another (excluded it from the original and then included it on the new one). As I reported last time, habmin reported that the device was recognised as an FGK101 but the branches for configuration and association are not shown again. Can anyone advise me what I am I doing wrong?