MyBMW Binding

Hi Bernd,

Thanx for your reply. That is sad indeed, and a bit silly IMHO since it’s the value i’m most interested in. It will also reflect negatively on my WAF :wink:

Again stupid question. Does the new address channel require JSONPath Transformation?

No, it’s a human readable String containing the resolved location address: street, house no, zip code and city. No json formatting.

OK, thanks. I downloaded new jar-file, copied it to addons folder and restarted OH but for some reason I couldn’t find the new address channel so therefore I was wondering whether you need Json. I’ll have to try again later today.

I downloaded again the jar-file but I still can’t find the address channel for some reason so I wonder what I’m missing.

That’s right, it’s not working to simply exchange the jar and new channels appearing => Adding new channels to binding
For now you need to delete the thing and add it again. Pick the same name as before in order to preserve your history data.

Great, many thanks for your help again. Now I have the address channel.

Hi all,
I am running OH 3.2 and since a few days I see the “Unkown” status of both Things (BMW Account and Car).
Looking into the logs I see:
Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL: https://customer.bmwgroup.com/gcdm/oauth/authenticate
Any thoughts what is going wrong? I changed nothing … so did BMW change anything?
Thanks !!

The thing from BMW ConnectedDrive Binding also doesn’t work for me anymore. Either temporary issue or shutdown of old BMW API.
That’s why the MyBMW binding is in discussion in this thread which is dealing with the new BMW API. Still working fine, please have a look into the 1st post.

Just wanted to say “Thank you”.
I migrated from old to new myBMW binding two weeks ago. No issues! (combustion car)

1 Like

hi weymann can you help to configure my bmw 214d?

thanks in advance Enrico

Checked today and GPS locations are working fine. Maybe the settings are changed due to your BMW maintenance. Please check in your car if the following option is check-marked
Main Menu - Settings - GPS Tracking

I have mainly been using MyBMW app on Android but finally managed to add Remote Command on my OH3 page. I can start climate but it seems that I can’t stop it under OH3. Stopping works on the Android app, though. I’m using the latest jar-file (v3.3). I wonder whether anyone else is having this issue?

EDIT: It seems that Climate-stop works. I just noticed that when closing MyBMW app on the phone and restarting it the actual status is updated.

Hi Weymann,
Thank for your answer.
yes i checked and the Gps Tracking is active (in the my bmw app i can see the position so it works).

look at the attached picture:
say that last teleservice report is 14:12:2021 at 8:44 that is exactly the time of the position that i see in your binding…
so my question is:
Is the car that should send the position… or is me that i have to request the position (on the My Bmw app i should request the position)
With openhab i request the position with:
ConventionalVehicle_RemoteCommand.sendCommand(“vehicle-finder”)
in the logs i see something like:
2022-04-20 15:07:01.760 [INFO ] [nternal.handler.RemoteServiceHandler] - Execute vehicle-finder with parameters []
2022-04-20 15:07:02.447 [INFO ] [nternal.handler.RemoteServiceHandler] - Remote execution result {“eventId”:“4edd4b47-…”,“creationTime”:“2022-04-20T13:07:02.297648Z”}
2022-04-20 15:07:14.194 [INFO ] [nternal.handler.RemoteServiceHandler] - Remote execution result {“eventStatus”:“PENDING”}
2022-04-20 15:07:25.905 [INFO ] [nternal.handler.RemoteServiceHandler] - Remote execution result {“eventStatus”:“EXECUTED”}
but the position is not updated.
Is it correct the procedure that i’m doing?
Regards.
Enrico.

Hello, I’m getting a Communication Error when I try to set up my bridge thing. I’m in the US, and it appears OH can’t connect to the api URLs that are in the binding. Here are my logs:

09:55:03.992 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mybmw:account:1234' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
09:55:03.994 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mybmw:account:1234' changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN
09:55:03.995 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mybmw:conv:1234:440i' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
09:55:03.999 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mybmw:conv:1234:440i' changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN
09:55:04.442 [WARN ] [ing.mybmw.internal.handler.MyBMWProxy] - Authorization Exception: java.net.UnknownHostException: cocoapi.bmwgroup.us: Name does not resolve
09:55:04.445 [WARN ] [ing.mybmw.internal.handler.MyBMWProxy] - Authorization Exception: java.net.UnknownHostException: cocoapi.bmwgroup.us
09:55:04.445 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mybmw:conv:1234:440i' changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): cocoapi.bmwgroup.us
09:55:05.995 [WARN ] [ing.mybmw.internal.handler.MyBMWProxy] - Authorization Exception: java.net.UnknownHostException: cocoapi.bmwgroup.us
09:55:05.997 [WARN ] [ing.mybmw.internal.handler.MyBMWProxy] - Authorization Exception: java.net.UnknownHostException: cocoapi.bmwgroup.us
09:55:05.999 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mybmw:account:1234' changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): cocoapi.bmwgroup.us
09:55:06.000 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mybmw:conv:1234:440i' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): cocoapi.bmwgroup.us to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)

I have this version of the binding installed:

271 │ Active │  80 │ 3.3.0.202203082332    │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: MyBMW Binding

Any ideas?

For what it’s worth, navigating browser to bmwgroup.us doesn’t do anything, and the site where I would log into my account is bmwusa.com.

Hi, I wonder whether there have been some changes in the API because the status of my car doesn’t seem to be updated whereas the MyBMW app on my Android phone works. MyBMW was updated with some new features.

EDIT: Now the MyBMW binding is working so no problems with it. I haven’t looked at the log-file yet so it may indicate what problems there were earlier today.

Is there a currently a general problem with the MyBMW API? My thing is offline (Status forbidden). evcc receives permanent HTTP 403 error codes. The MyBMW app does work.

I was just about to report the same. BMW just can’t help themselves from making changes all the time.

Same here

Same here - so annoying :frowning:
bimmer_connected reports the same problem http-error 403(forbidden), when logging in to BMW. · Issue #444 · bimmerconnected/bimmer_connected · GitHub

Issue: [MyBMW] Authorization fails · Issue #12840 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub