- Platform information:
- Hardware: Raspi 4 / 4 GB / 64 GB
- OS: Raspberry Pi OS (latest)
- Java Runtime Environment: OpenHAB running as docker container
- openHAB version: 2.5.10
- Issue of the topic: myopenHAB does not authorize Google Home
this is my first posting and as I see from browsing the messages people tend to work with passion on their problems for days, weeks or even months. Please forgive me if I am different.
I have spent a couple of days for getting my openHAB system up and running, with some shelly and some tamota things enabled, and everything works fine.
Actually, my problems started when I wanted to connect my setup to the voice control of Google Home.
This is what I did:
- Set up a working openhab environment. Check. Did that. Even openHAB App on Android is up and running.
- Took this guide /docs/ecosystem/google-assistant/ as a launchpad for connecting Google Home
- Created an account at myopenHAB.org
- Confirmed that myopenHAB and local installation interoperate. Everything fine. PaperUI and BasiUI work flawlessly.
- Problems appeared when I tried to connect Google Voice Control with myopenHAB.
- Followed the guide to setup the connection
- At the point where I have to login to myopenHAB I do this and when I am asked to authorize Google I press “Allow”
- The spinner appears telling me that myopenHAB and Google get linked. I even get a confirmation that both services are linked now … but thats a lie - they are not.
- Neither can I see myopenHAB service in the “linked services” list nor can I assign any room to any item (like shown in the guide)
- It simply behaves as if it was never linked.
- Of course I can try to reinitiate the link (think I did this a douzen times today) but with no success.
- Every new link-attempt adds up another line in myopenHAB/applications like this:
Today at 1:35 PM Google Google Assistant Voice Control
- I also tried removing all previous links and start again, but with no success.
Actually, I am kind of lost now, and I would be gratful for any advice on how to debug whats going wrong, or - if I am totally wrong here - where I could place my request for help.
I think maybe a private installation of myopenHAB would help (with debugging), but if it is possible I would like to go the easy way and use myopenHAB.org.
Thank you in advance for your help,
By the way: Just got blocked because a new user can only put two links in a post. I have exacly one. Will remove that now.