myOpenHAB openHAB 1.8.3 - missing secret file

I use openHAB 1.8.3 and followed the guide to get started with myOpenHAB. I got the addon from Bintray and copied it into my addon folder, added the config-example to my config-file and filled in the values.
But I don’t get a secret-file at ${openhab.home}/webapps/static/secret and I can’t see any openhabcloud-related entries / errors in the log file…

What should I try to get myOpenHAB working?

PS: My java-version is 1.8.0_111-b14, my os is macOS 10.12

Maybe you filled in wrong values?
To have UUID and SECRET created you don’t need any changes to the config, so I suggest commenting out all lines, reboot openhab (maybe reboot the server) and you should have your UUID and SECRET instantly …

Good idea - but that did not help…

I even rebooted the sever (the physical machine) - but still: no secret-file

Make sure the .jar has the same permissions as your other files … unless you are running openHAB as user root :slight_smile:

Edit: if that does not help either enable debug logging and see what happens …

I configured openHAB as launch daemon - so yes, openHAB should be owned and started by root as launchd-job. But to rule out permission-problems I granted generell access to my openHAB-directory (sudo chmod -R 777) - still, no difference.
Starting openHAB manually with start_debug.sh I can follow the creation of the uuid- and version-file - but there is nothing about a secret-file…

14:43:57.313 [INFO ] [rg.quartz.core.QuartzScheduler:534  ] - Scheduler openHAB-job-scheduler_$_NON_CLUSTERED started.
14:43:57.316 [DEBUG] [o.config.core.ConfigDispatcher:146  ] - Processing openHAB default configuration file 'MY_OPENHAB_PATH/configurations/openhab_default.cfg'.
14:43:57.353 [DEBUG] [o.config.core.ConfigDispatcher:168  ] - Processing openHAB main configuration file 'MY_OPENHAB_PATH/configurations/openhab.cfg'.
14:43:57.392 [DEBUG] [.o.core.internal.CoreActivator:115  ] - Created file 'MY_OPENHAB_PATH/webapps/static/uuid' with content 'MY_UUI'
14:43:57.393 [DEBUG] [.o.core.internal.CoreActivator:115  ] - Created file 'MY_OPENHAB_PATH/webapps/static/version' with content '1.8.3'
14:43:57.393 [INFO ] [.o.core.internal.CoreActivator:61   ] - openHAB runtime has been started (v1.8.3).

Hmmm, if nothing helps maybe this could lead to a solution:

Edit: you will need 20 characters …

That seems to solve the problem with my secret-file and now I am able to create a ‘myOpenHAB’-account. But since I am getting ‘openHAB is offline’ with my ‘myOpenHAB’-URL there is still something missing.
How would I even know if the ‘org.openhab.io.openhabcloud_1.9.0.201612192331.jar’ runs correctly? There is nothing in my (debug-)log about openhabcloud…

I don’t remember what had to be in the log for the old my.openhab (I don’t use openHAB1 anymore) and even if I would remember I don’t know if it is the same than it would be for the new openhabcloud connector.

Last idea: maybe the .jar file got corrupted an it is worth a try to download it again …

I tried that three times already :confounded:

Non the less - thx for your help, perhaps I will simply wait a little bit for the next build…