Myopenhab password reset not possible

(Florian) #1

Hello all,
I tried to reset my password in myopenhab. Now the login page says “Unknown user or incorrect password”.
Is there an admin I can contact?

Thanks
Florian

(bjornha) #2

Experiencing the same just now. Password reset function defective? Did you ever sort this out?

(Martin ) #3

I have got the same problem. I made an error while typing in the initial password, so I tried to have my password reset but never received a reset e-mail to my mail-account.

The “confirm new account” mail was sent to an userid, which, according to the password reset panel, is not registered?

Registering another email is impossible, as the UID is already in use. So I am locked out from myopenhab.org.

Any help is appreciated!

(JON W) #4

Same problem here. Login was not taking my password so I had it send me a reset link.

I followed the link, and it said it successfully reset my password, but the password is not accepted for login.

I’m guessing there’s probably a hard lockout on the account, but the UI is not expressing that.

Who handles these things? BTW, my original failed login used the stored password I had in Chrome. The password had never been changed since I set it up a few months back, so it was odd that it was no longer being accepted.

(Simon Crump) #5

Hi,

Did anyone ever get this problem sorted? I now have the same issue.

Cheers

(Danny mullen) #6

Are you sure email address is correct?

(Simon Crump) #7

Duh, had used my username instead of email in the App. Simple things…

Thanks for the reply though.

(Simon Crump) #8

I was using my username not email Doh!

Simple things… thanks for your reply though!

(Danny mullen) #9

Happy to help!