Mysensors binding items error

Hi

I’m a beginner to OpenHab and Linux on the Raspberry Pi 3B+ which I’m running the OH 2.4 from.
I’m trying to migrate from a Vera Lite where I have a Mysensor system working fine with the latest libraries.
I followed the installation instructions of the Mysensors binding and it seems like everything went well until I want to add the items file. I have tried to add to the demo.items and to an other *.items file but get an EOF error message and I can see in the OH log file that there is an error and it therefore ignores it.
I’m running a Mysensors ethernet gateway. I’m trying to add this:

Bridge mysensors:bridge-eth:gateway [ ipAddress=“127.0.0.1”, tcpPort=5003, sendDelay=200 ] {
/** define things connected to that bridge here */
}

I have no idea what to do next so I hope somebody have an idea :slight_smile:

/Brian

So why are you trying to add this?

Bridge mysensors:bridge-eth:gateway [ ipAddress=“127.0.0.1”, tcpPort=5003, sendDelay=200 ] {
/** define things connected to that bridge here */
}

This is a thing, not an item.
Are your mysensors devices discovered on the paperUI?

Can you post the .items file, please?
Use the code fences

Hi Vincent,

Good point… Sometimes it’s easy to fix! I simply read it as items instead of things :smile:

Now I got it online and the log shows incoming data.

I can see that I need to add the individual nodes manually with a specific node-id. I didn’t assign the node-id but just made the gateway do it for the Vera. So I guess I have to re-program all the arduino nodes to make it work? :weary:

Yes the OH binding does assign node ids