MySQL Persistence

HI ,

New to openHab i am using OpenHab on ubuntu (64bit) . I want to store some data in database . I tried with MySQL but i dont have any success .

1. I have installed Mysql server . and I have added org.openhab.persistence.mysql-1.7.0.jar to addons folder.

2. I added following configuration to openhab.cfg file :

############################ SQL Persistence Service ##################################
/# the database url like ‘jdbc:mysql://:/’ (without quotes)
mysql:url=jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/openhab

/# the database user
mysql:user=openhab

/# the database password
mysql:password=password

/# the reconnection counter
/#mysql:reconnectCnt=

/# the connection timeout (in seconds)
/#mysql:waitTimeout=

3)I added mysql.persist file into openHab\configurations\persistence
// persistence strategies have a name and a definition and are referred to in the “Items” section
Strategies {
// if no strategy is specified for an item entry below, the default list will be used
default = everyChange
}
items {
// persist all items once a day and on every change and restore them from the db at startup
// careful, this might result in huge databases - that’s why it is in comment here ;
* : strategy = everyChange, everyDay, restoreOnStartup
// persist all temperature and weather values at every change and every hour
// * : strategy = everyChange, everyHour
}

This is from my log file :

10:39:58.791 [DEBUG] [sqlPersistenceServiceActivator:32 ] - mySQL persistence bundle has been started.
10:39:58.806 [DEBUG] [.p.internal.PersistenceManager:147 ] - Initializing mysql persistence service.
10:39:58.811 [DEBUG] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl:64 ] - Configuration model ‘mysql.persist’ can not be found
10:39:58.812 [DEBUG] [.p.m.i.MysqlPersistenceService:462 ] - mySQL configuration starting
10:39:58.813 [DEBUG] [.p.m.i.MysqlPersistenceService:387 ] - mySQL: Attempting to connect to database jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/openhab
10:39:59.408 [DEBUG] [.p.m.i.MysqlPersistenceService:390 ] - mySQL: Connected to database jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/openhab
10:39:59.413 [DEBUG] [.p.m.i.MysqlPersistenceService:523 ] - mySQL configuration complete.
10:39:59.414 [DEBUG] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl:64 ] - Configuration model ‘mysql.persist’ can not be found
10:40:02.417 [INFO ] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl:80 ] - Loading model ‘home.sitemap’
10:40:02.763 [INFO ] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl:80 ] - Loading model ‘mysql.persist’
10:40:02.890 [INFO ] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl:80 ] - Loading model ‘home.rules’
10:40:03.292 [INFO ] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl:80 ] - Loading model ‘home.items’

Idea for this problem???

Thanks

Your URL of the JDBC driver is not correct. If installed on same machine as your openhab you can use same IP.

My configuration below:

# the database url like 'jdbc:mysql://<host>:<port>/<database>' (without quotes)
#jdbc:mysql:url=127.0.0.1:3306/openhab
mysql:url=jdbc:mysql://192.168.0.10:3306/openhab

# the database user
mysql:user=yourUserName

# the database password
mysql:password=yourPassword

# the reconnection counter
mysql:reconnectCnt=1

# the connection timeout (in seconds)
#mysql:waitTimeout=

# optional tweaking of mysql datatypes
# example as described in https://github.com/openhab/openhab/issues/710
mysql:sqltype.string=VARCHAR(20000)

Also it seems to be that your mysql.persist file in folder configurations/persistence is not configured properly. As an example part of my configuration:

Strategies {
everyMinute : "0 * * * * ?"
everyHour : "0 0 * * * ?"
everyDay  : "0 0 0 * * ?"

default = everyChange
}

Items {
gSQL* : strategy = everyChange, everyHour, everyDay, restoreOnStartup

}

I also want to recommend you this post: Excluding an item from persistence

Yes mysql server is on the same machine.

i can see openhab users already connected with one table items and two fields ItemId and ItemName.
i try to change my mysql.persist file

Thank

Now it works well with only one item group

I will look to organize my file mysql.persit

thank you very much.