Naming Zwave Device in Habmin

Ha, I withdrew that message. Looks like it just took a moment to initialize. They’re gone now. (yay!)

Don’t do that to me :wink:

Good stuff - there’s still some issues to resolve… Are you able to set the values? I have a log from Paul, but will look at this tomorrow (gotta have a few hours kip!).

Ha, sorry!

I can’t set the names. The names that I set previously are there (and BONUS! – correct), but if I change them to anything else they revert. And devices that don’t have a name I can’t set one. (Reverts to nothing.)

Thanks - same as @ptmuldoon is seeing (which is good - I like something that’s reproducible :wink:).

I just had a look at Pauls log - it looks ok… I think the only issue is that there’s nothing to read the value back, so, we set the name (which looks ok), but we never read back an update. Since the value in the command class hasn’t changed, HABmin updates 5 seconds later with the old value… This should be fixed by adding a poll after the SET to update the value.

However, this should update when you restart OH, so can you restart and see if it updates? If it does, then I’ll make the change above…

Thanks
Chris

Confirmed – if I give something a name (or change an existing name), it doesn’t show until I restart openhab, then it pops in.

Thanks - I’ll add a read-back after the set, and then we should be done :slight_smile:

I just changed all of names and restarted OH.

But I noticed any name spacing was removed. For Example “Front Door” became “FrontDoor” But other nodes I was able to rename in past kept their spacing.

Can anyone else confirm that?

have there been any updates on this?

This is from nearly 4 months ago so it would be helpful if you can indicate what problem are you having?

Cheers
Chris