Neato BotVac Connected binding?

Hi Bernd,

can you please send me your jar file too?
Is it possible to host the file and the code on GitHub?

Thank you very much

Any plans to implement appartment map functionality like in the Roomba binding (see below)?

Should not be that hard itā€™s now part of the API. Neato also has a MUCH better map, but I am not a developer. :frowning:

Anyone up for taking over this binding? It looks like Patrick has not been able to work on it. There are a number of things you can do with the API that would be nice to expose to openHAB.

findMe ā€“ Issue the findMe action on the robot.

getGeneralInfo ā€“ More information like: ā€œtimeToEmptyā€ and ā€œtimeToFullChargeā€

startCleaning ā€“ Would be nice to set eco or normal.

getLocalStats ā€“ Lot more info: ā€œtotalCleanedAreaā€, ā€œtotalCleaningTimeā€, ā€œaverageCleanedAreaā€ and ā€œaverageCleaningTimeā€

maps ā€“ Really would like to see the maps in openHAB.

Any takers? Happy to buy anyone a Neato for the work!

1 Like

Thatā€™s a very generous offer, Nathan.
Unfortunately that is beyond my capabilities :wink:

Itā€™s really hard to find reliable information about the differences od D3 / D5 or the BotVac Connected.
It seems only the latter one provides the map.

However, is this limited by the App by checking, if itā€™s a D3 / D5 or Connected or is this also restricted by the API?
Does anyone have a clue?

I would like to have the map and I am unsure about D5 vs. Connected.
(the other option would be a Roomba 960ā€¦ :wink:

Hi @sipvoip,

how do you know that map of Neato is better than the of the Roomba?
The screenshots I have seen look pretty similar.

ā€¦ I sent you a PN

Friend has the 960, the maps for his house were a lot worse then mine, but since they both were not the same house it may not be a 100% fair comparison.

Alright, thanks.
Both do have real time maps, right?

Obviously both maps only show the final result - according to the information I found somewhere else.

Correct

Do you happen to know, if the limitation of the map (to the botvac connected only) is related to the Smartphone App or limited by the API?

If it is not limited in the API, we could eliminate the map restrictions for the D5
:slight_smile:

Not sure since I only have Botvac Connected units.

Is it also possible to display the map of the Vorwerk VR200?
If so, could you please share a screenshot?

Hi NCO,

no, the VR200 just use the firmware version 2.1.3 (Neato Version 2.2).
The version 2.1.3 does not support the cleaning map feature.

Alright, thanks.
What a pity :frowning:

All,

I finally got a neato BotVac connected, but the binding does not show up in PaperUI even though I have copied it into /usr/share/openhab2/addons (using openhabian).
The Sony TV binding located there works fine.

I donā€™t see the neato bindinng in the karaf console either

Any suggestion?

I tried that, but the binding still does not show up.
Neither in the karaf console (bundle:list -s | grep neato) nor in PaperUI.

I copied the neato binding into /usr/share/openhab2/addons (like other bindings which are running well), but OH does not seem to recognize / load the binding.
I am on OH 2.1 and neato ā€œorg.openhab.binding.neato_2.0.0.201702202022.jarā€

:frowning:

On a bit of a side note, I have a BotVac Connected D5. And it keeps going offline. Iā€™m trying to get it sorted with Neato support, they say itā€™s a wifi / channel hopping issue. And itā€™s basicly impossible to debug. And the worst thing is that the schedule doesnā€™t work when itā€™s offline.

Is there anybody here who had this problem and found a solution for it? I have 3 (Ubiquity Unifi) accesspoint across the house, they host the same network using 3 different channels. Which works great for every other device I own. Iā€™m afraid that if I switch to one channel they will start interfering with each other.

When I get my robot to work I would love to get this binding in my OpenHAB setup.