Need help with weather binding in openhab2

I’m trying to get the weather binding to work.

weather.cfg:
location.home.woeid=547826
location.home.provider=Yahoo
location.home.language=en
location.home.updateInterval=10

items:
Number Temperature “Temperature [%.2f °C]” {weather=“locationId=home, type=temperature, property=current”}
Number Humidity “Humidity [%d %%]” {weather=“locationId=home, type=atmosphere, property=humidity”}

sitemap:

sitemap my label=“My home automation” {
Frame {
Text item=Temperature label=“Temperature_Outside [%s]” icon=“thermometer”
}
}

Result:

I got this working by using wunderground instead of yahoo for data.

I didn’t check if there is a issue open for this.

I understand from your post you are using the ‘all purpose’ weather binding instead of the Yahoo weather binding. There is a specific binding in OH2 for Yahoo weather: http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/yahooweather/readme.html.

Yea. I’m not using that one because it doesn’t work with Fahrenheit.

For the string formatting you need to put it including the “f” into the sitemap file.
As for the value zero, switch on debug logging for the binding an check whether the actual temp is zero or not. It could still be in Celsius and it is winter ( at least on the northern hemisphere )

My weather.cfg (which works with Yahoo and standard weather binding)

location.Blen.provider=Yahoo
location.Blen.woeid=2348195
location.Blen.updateInterval=15
location.Blen.name=Blenheim

Not sure whether this is a local issue only, but yahoo weather never reported reliably in my case (using yahooweather) meaning that there were hours were Yahoo did not respond and times were it worked. The service interruptions were with Yahoo only and not an internet issue. Switched to other providers and the problem was gone. I took it as a problem with Yahoo rather than OH or its bindings.