Need some help Please with a Rule on startup in OH3

• Platform information:
    • Intel i3
    • Windows 10 Pro
    • Java Azul 16
    • openHAB version: 3.0.2

Hi all,
i am trying to get my fresh OH3 install to work as expected… :slight_smile:
I have created a Rule to switch on the Wall Mounted Screen in the morning. (HomeMatic Wall Plug)
The Times in the Rule are created with the build in Editor.
If i am in the Rule and click on Top on the little Arrow to Test/Run the Rule now, it is working like it should. The Monitor is switched of. Or on with another Rule.
But in the morning the OH3 machine reboots, OH Service starts, from another Machine i could call the OH Admin Panel, but the Monitor is not switched on.
In the Event Log there are only Weather Updates but nothing from the switch.
If i then click on that rule to run, or click in the Habpanel on the switch (from another machine) the Monitor is switched on, and in the Event Log are some new Lines from the Switch.
What Point did i miss?
Thank you !

For the most precise help you will always have to show us the actual code or screen shots. Without those we can only just make some guesses. Here are some things to check:

1. Your Java version: the installation docs specifically say

2. Your system time: if the cron time expression is correct (and we don’t know because you didn’t tell us what the expression is or when you want it to run) and it doesn’t run when you think it should then maybe the time or timezone on your device is configured improperly.

3. System reboot: why are you rebooting your system every morning? OH is designed to run constantly and shouldn’t need a reboot. If your rule is set to run too close in time to when the system reboots it may just be that the system is never ready to run the rule in time.

Thank you for your answer, and please apologize some missing details.
Your right, the Java Version is 11, the 16 was my mistake.
With your answer i found the solution, the time from rebooting to run the rule was to short. I changed that, and this morning it fires up.
Thank you very much for your help!
I should have been able to find that for myself, but sometimes …

No worries, I’m glad you found the solution.

Just note that if you’re going to continue to have this daily reboot with the rule run right afterwards you might want to look into the the system started rule trigger instead of a set time trigger. That way, even if there’s variability in how long it takes the system to boot, you still don’t run into this problem.